Michellin Tires: I had a set of four Michelin tire on my Chevy Van.They all had plenty of treadwear left on each tire.

One day while driving at 55-60 mph the tread on the left rear tire unwound from the side walls on both sides. The tread wrapped around the axle housing, with the result that the wheel locked up and stopped turning. This caused the van to start to spin on the freeway. It was all I could do to maintain control.

The photo shows what my tire and wheel looked like after the incident.

One of the reasons I have always bought Michelin tires is so that these kinds of things won't happen.But, I guess I could have bought the cheapest tire made overseas, in a country not known for making good products, and nothing worse could have happened.

Review about: Michelin Ltx Tires.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Michelin Tires?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Monster Transmission Transmission Review Monster Transmission "Transmission not as published on their website. A customer of mine came to me complaining of the transmission not shifting right. Then a no D4 or reverse. LESS THAN 1500..." Read more Intoxalock Ignition Interlock has faulty equipment providing false readings and costing consumer $$$ Intoxalock "I recently had an issue with my intoxalock device. This is the third time this has happend in 9 months. This situation allowed me to start my car and then..." Read more Rh Boats - Boat Repair Review RH Boats "This was not a satisfactory repair for me, and after some complaining the boat was taken back into the shop where the chine repairs where grinded down. During this time..." Read more Protuninglab - Faulty product, but customer liable for restocking/return fees Protuninglab "HID-02-AZ-B306-PBC-RFV-4D-A HID Xenon + 05-08 BMW E90 3 Series CCFL Angel Eye Projector Headlights - Black I purchased the above item and paid the additional money for the warning cancelers. Once..." Read more Leonid Dzhedzhula - My PayEE ID is wrong Leonid Dzhedzhula "Dear Support TEam, I need to withdraw money from Swiss Freelance company ( DeutscheForschungsGruppe ), but PayEE ID: BrideFord92 is wrong, so I could not invoice the company for the..." Read more Trugreen - I gave true green another shot at my lawn ... Trugreen "To see if they could help with my weeds and bugs. As always , they fail. You need to get on your hands and knees and pull the weeds out..." Read more Ford - Dual exhaust transmission faculty Ford "To ford, My name is Cherrelle Reed.i am a repeated ford customer.My father is Stevenson Reed and we have had several fords.i have recently purchased a 2014 ford focus at..." Read more Don Juravin - Hoax alert! Roca Lab's Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery proven to be a sham! Don Juravin "Don't fall for this internet quackery called Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery. This stuff tastes terrible and shockingly the owner of Roca Labs who claims to have invented this stuff..." Read more