Verified Reviewer

Hello,

My husband dropped off a picture that had fallen off our wall and the frame was separated at the corners. Corey, at our Lawrence, KS store, said the frame would need to be replaced.

The matting and glass was fine and would be reused. The cost to repair this came to $179.36. This seemed very high so I called Hobby Lobby and two other local framing shops. They all came in $50-$60 less expensive for the same type of frame, size, labor, etc.

When I called the store and spoke with Abby the manager, she just said this was Michael's costs and there was nothing that could be done as the work had already began on the frame. Our store is very small and in a strip mall with vacant spaces across the street from Hobby Lobby! If this Michael's location wants to stay in business they may want to improve prices and customer service. I would like a partial refund or a gift card to the store to compensate for the extremely high cost.

We like to support Michael's but being overcharged like this is not okay. Thank you, Julie Grandon / Andrew Sexton

User's recommendation: Price shop before leaving a custom order!

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Location: 2301 Iowa Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66046, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Michaels Custom Framing Reviews