Metropolitan Discount Towing - Stole my car and money!
This company towed my car from right outside of my home, saying they are contracted by my HOA.There are no signs up, I have lived here over a year and have never had an issue with towing.
There were signs up months ago that have been taken down; I have attached a photo of the empty sign post. The only way I found my car was because I reported it stolen and the police found it! MDTS told me on the phone that it would be $175 to get my car out, I arrive the next morning (they towed it on a Saturday evening!) and they said it would be $225. They told me that I was given the wrong information on the phone and it was actually $225.
No apology, further explanation, or discussion. No $225, no car.
Oh and it was cash only, so I had to search for an ATM in order to pay the ransom for my car.Unbelievable.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Towing
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "Im am currently not satisfied with my final denture. Theyre to bulky for my mouth not to mention I look like a horse. I addressed my complaints with the office..."
- "Was watering my flower on the patio, turnedthe knob off to work on my flowers, turned it back on and POW the knob flew off, happy it didn't hit..."
- "Do not buy purses. A Michael Kors purse code blue coming thru after about 2 weeks and it was out of the warranty. And they said they only accept returns..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."