Metropolitan Discount Towing - Stole my car and money!
This company towed my car from right outside of my home, saying they are contracted by my HOA.There are no signs up, I have lived here over a year and have never had an issue with towing.
There were signs up months ago that have been taken down; I have attached a photo of the empty sign post. The only way I found my car was because I reported it stolen and the police found it! MDTS told me on the phone that it would be $175 to get my car out, I arrive the next morning (they towed it on a Saturday evening!) and they said it would be $225. They told me that I was given the wrong information on the phone and it was actually $225.
No apology, further explanation, or discussion. No $225, no car.
Oh and it was cash only, so I had to search for an ATM in order to pay the ransom for my car.Unbelievable.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Towing
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "We hired Stanley Steemer to clean and refurbish the grout for our tiled floors, they did a nice job although we needed to follow-up on many tiles where there paint..."
- "I ordered three arrangements this year and each one was a joke. They looked nothing like the photo on the Gift Tree website. When I complained, I was told that..."