I purchased a brand new home from Meritage Homes. After the home was built, closed and ready for leaving, found the kitchen floor plan has big design flaw:

Related: Review about Meritage Homes Candella Community from Huntersville, North Carolina

First, a most commonly used 25 ct frig could not be put in. At the end, we have to take the trim off the wall in order to put the frig in; second and also the worst problem is that when open the frig, the door hit the wall (the door can't even be opened 90 degree such that I couldn't slid the draws out for half way). It is $300000+ home. It seems the builder only considered whether the space fits the frig, but the usability. The worst thing that the builder did not admit it isn't a design flaw. In their words: "such design is not uncommon, but being a real estate professional I have not seen a house that won't allow frig to open or take draw out. The worst kitchen design!!!

Review about: Meritage Homes House Construction.

I didn't like: Does not respond request in timely mannor, Customer service is bad, Unresponsive staff.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $5000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Meritage Homes?

Comments

Builder refused to take any action to correct the issue.