Desoto, Texas
100% full Not resolved

My wife and I built our home and closed in July 2006.We currently have structural issues with all the main levels floors which are cracking, raising up and shifting causing not only a serious health hazard, but also integrity damage to the home.

Related: Meritage Homes - Poor Constuction

This damage is not limited to the floors as it continues to the ceilings and running down the walls with the issues being interior and exterior. In addition to the home issues we also have a serious issue with the installation of the drive way which Meritage homes neglected to install rebar/wire mesh for the sustainability and integrity thereof. I have contacted Meritage Homes regarding the issues to which they offered $1700 as a settlement on the entry way and laundry room floors only which was declined as they are aware the damage and issues extend to all of my tiled floors on the main level. In trying to work with Meritage and requesting to meet Tom Alexander (Warranty Manager for the Dallas, Tx area) scheduled a meeting with us at our home and did neither show nor call to state he would not be coming.

I have emailed him, his boss (Stephanie MacLean), spoke with her assistant Kimberly Perez as well contacted the corporate office to only be connected to the voice mail of someone named Camille. At no time has anyone returned a call, or an email to attempt to remedy the issues involving my home which is still under warranty. I have reached out to Meritage via their Twitter and Facebook sites to only be blocked.

Meritage has met me with what appears to be a corporate philosophy of "Although you have a warranty in tact and the sale is done we will ignore culpability hoping you (the consumer) will go away." Their continued blatant dereliction of duty in ignoring the issues with my home are causing further damage and a feeling of indignation of ever contracting with what we thought to be a reputable builder.As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps I would have expected better treatment of an American corporation.

Review about: Meritage Homes House Construction.

I didn't like: Customer service is bad, Unresponsive staff, Poor customer service, Unprofessional management, Uncaring attitude and does not take ownership of mistakes.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor service, warranty issue, defective/faulty install, poor management / $90000
Preferred solution Fix all issues outlined and resulting issues as a result of being ignored by the warranty management staff.

Had an Experience with Meritage Homes?

Comments

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1230367

Coming from an Engineering background, none of the pictures indicate a structural issue.A structural issue is if the house itself is failing such as the trusses, supporting walls, beams, etc.

Minor cracks in floors, concrete, caulking and drywall is not structural especially on a 10 year old house.

Concrete will always crack.

Shelly
Dallas, Texas, United States #1128353

Our home was built in 2005.As of two days ago, our tile inside has started cracking, popping, and raising as indicated in your pictures.

I just had my first contact with Meritage and I didn't get the impression that they were going to help. I was told to send an email. But, because they had an "agreement" with the flooring company to cover defects within 10 years, we're probably out of luck. We were never notified!

Did you ever get any help?Would appreciate any tips or recommendations on trying to get this rectified.