Mercruiser Refuses To Warranty Boat Engine

4 of 4 Mercruiser reviews

I purchased an additional year of Factory warranty on my boat ENGINE because they (Mercruiser Dealers) refused to fix the problem since the first year of the warranty. MY three year factory warranty is now expired and engine still has the same problem (it pours soot into the lake from the exhaust and also leaves a black waterline on the transom).

I first took the boat to the selling dealer (FoxLakeHarborBayliner). They said nothing was wrong. So then I took it to the nearest dealer (BasaMarine, Bolingbrook, Illinois). After several attempts to fix the problem they said they didn't know what was wrong with it (even though the selling dealer already said nothing was wrong - right).

I called Mercruiser (many times) and they now refuse to talk with me on the phone. I would bet my boat sat at the dealer for over five weeks and still is not repaired. Mercs warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 4 Mercruiser reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 11 #1092634

I have the MPP Mercruiser Platinum Protection, and I agree. It is absolutely a worthless scam! They get away with denying claims for repairing their poor quality motors. I am now stuck with a $3000 repair bill on my Bravo1. I will never buy Mercury again, and I will tell everyone I know to avoid Mercruiser and their scam of a warranty. Same goes for MarineMax, who sells these scam warranties for Mercury and Brunswick. Save your money!

1 0 Reply
NPF CNV No Problem Found, Coul

Feb 09, 2012 #426001

Quit looking at your exhaust and the waterline. The soot is likely unburned fuel from you driving like an old woman and a cold engine that is never allowed to reach operating temperature because you can not be moving fast while looking behind you at the soot. Quit putting around slowly like a little girl and looking backwards for problems that don't exist. You are in a lake not a bathtub. Boats get dirty. Wash it when it gets dirty. :cry

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.