I purchased an additional year of Factory warranty on my boat ENGINE because they (Mercruiser Dealers) refused to fix the problem since the first year of the warranty. MY three year factory warranty is now expired and engine still has the same problem (it pours soot into the lake from the exhaust and also leaves a black waterline on the transom).
I first took the boat to the selling dealer (FoxLakeHarborBayliner). They said nothing was wrong. So then I took it to the nearest dealer (BasaMarine, Bolingbrook, Illinois). After several attempts to fix the problem they said they didn't know what was wrong with it (even though the selling dealer already said nothing was wrong - right).
I called Mercruiser (many times) and they now refuse to talk with me on the phone. I would bet my boat sat at the dealer for over five weeks and still is not repaired. Mercs warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Boat Engine
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "Let me first start by saying I am 40, my friend is 30. We are both managers for a very large, very successful company in Rochester, NY. I also own..."
- "Cruise Dates: June 25-June 30, 2016 (5 nights) Ship Name: Empress of the Seas Reservation Number 2098975 We have embarked on June 25 and issues started from the moment we have received access..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "I was first approached by the "manager"; and eager youth who sold me on her ability to manage a paint crew. I have an 1800's victorian home so it was..."
- "The typical U.S. consumer is not the smartest person on the planet; with average IQs that barely suffice in typical high schools, the average Joe is inevitably forced to indulge..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."