I purchased an additional year of Factory warranty on my boat ENGINE because they (Mercruiser Dealers) refused to fix the problem since the first year of the warranty. MY three year factory warranty is now expired and engine still has the same problem (it pours soot into the lake from the exhaust and also leaves a black waterline on the transom).
I first took the boat to the selling dealer (FoxLakeHarborBayliner). They said nothing was wrong. So then I took it to the nearest dealer (BasaMarine, Bolingbrook, Illinois). After several attempts to fix the problem they said they didn't know what was wrong with it (even though the selling dealer already said nothing was wrong - right).
I called Mercruiser (many times) and they now refuse to talk with me on the phone. I would bet my boat sat at the dealer for over five weeks and still is not repaired. Mercs warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Boat Engine
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "I write this review to express our deepest disappointment in what my husband & I anticipated being the experience of a lifetime with Regent. My husband and I saved for..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "I purchased a 9 in tablet in june of 2016. When received it would not connect bluetooth whith mine or my wifes phones. Was sent another and it worked flawlessly..."
- "After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment..."
- "I was first approached by the "manager"; and eager youth who sold me on her ability to manage a paint crew. I have an 1800's victorian home so it was..."
- "I do not like to give bad reviews but I feel it is necessary for this past experience and this dress. I ordered this dress (Style: F17063 One shoulder lace and..."