I purchased an additional year of Factory warranty on my boat ENGINE because they (Mercruiser Dealers) refused to fix the problem since the first year of the warranty. MY three year factory warranty is now expired and engine still has the same problem (it pours soot into the lake from the exhaust and also leaves a black waterline on the transom).
I first took the boat to the selling dealer (FoxLakeHarborBayliner). They said nothing was wrong. So then I took it to the nearest dealer (BasaMarine, Bolingbrook, Illinois). After several attempts to fix the problem they said they didn't know what was wrong with it (even though the selling dealer already said nothing was wrong - right).
I called Mercruiser (many times) and they now refuse to talk with me on the phone. I would bet my boat sat at the dealer for over five weeks and still is not repaired. Mercs warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Boat Engine
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "The Journey Begins! My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was approximately 10 years ago. I had the pleasure of sailing on Serenade of the Seas in an Owners Suite...."
- "The web site doesn't exist. It leads you to another page of web sites that don't apply to your needs. The PCL gives you that site to get..."
- "Their professionalism and customer service is horrible I boarded a cruise for 7 days, upon one of the destinations in Bahamas I was left behind due to losing track of..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- " On September 6 2015, we accepted the bids from a uShIP sponsored business owned by a Kevin Harris of Harris Moving&Hauling (Youcallwehaulallthetime(7))phone #513-289-5225. The..."
- "The typical U.S. consumer is not the smartest person on the planet; with average IQs that barely suffice in typical high schools, the average Joe is inevitably forced to indulge..."
- "I ordered a purse from here and before I even purchased the purse I asked was it still available the seller said yes. Needless to say I waited more than..."