We purchased our Stringray boat new with a Mercruiser engine.The first week we had it the engine took on water, almost filling the compartment and swamping the engine ...
we would have sank. We limped back to the ramp and were able to get it out of the water. It was missing a bolt and the others were loose. Within a few months we had another issue with the engine that required warranty work.
THEN, with the engine with less than 100 hours on it, the power steering leaked, got hot, and caught fire! The engine has to be replaced as well as damage to our boat engine compartment, cushions, etc.
The warranty is going to cover all of the work including a new Mercruiser engine and we don't want it!If not for having the fire estinguisher on board we could have been seriously injured or killed.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Product or service
- Mercruiser Boat Engine
- Review category
- Cruises and Ships
You May Also Like
- "Prior to 01/27/2015 we had a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) to the Greek Isles booked with a travel agent named Mitchell Bank and thought per his Invoice #..."
- "Our Alaska trip Sept 10 - 17 was booked almost a year in advance. Our room was a balcony and I had signed on for the "beverage package" at $750..."
- "We were all prepared to go ashore in Victoria, BC, when over the intercom said it will be an hour before docking. The at that time I already could see..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "This is most definitely true! Judge Love has granted Primary Custody of my children to my extremely abusive and unstable husband He has beaten and talked in details about how he..."
- "Bought a 400.00Executive office chair from the Sanford, NC Badcock. Chair started to fall apart a few months later. Called and was basically told "too bad, so sad". Had..."