Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9.4K views 78 comments

I have read a lot of reviews about Melaleuca, both favorable and unfavorable, and I thought I'd put in the 2 cents of a couple who did not sign up and the reasons why not via our experience after being invited to a evening to discuss these products by a friend of ours.

1. First of all, the company was not identified in the invitation, just a description of the general types of products and how "life-changing" they were. If these products are so amazing, why not ID the company in the invitation?

2. My husband and I were absolutely not interested in starting a business, we were just potentially interested in a couple of the products. However,there appears to be no way to just buy the products themselves without membership. Website marketplace access does not really appear to be available to nonmembers.

3. The absolute requirement for purchase of 35 points worth of product EVERY MONTH, no exceptions, was not appropriate for us. We do not have any use for this much product, it would be a waste of money for us, and again, we couldn't find a way to just buy a product or two except on Ebay or Amazon.

4. AT NO POINT did the representative who was presenting bring up the "backup order" that was an integral part of membership. We didn't find out that we would be sent product regardless of whether we needed it or ordered it every month. This was the biggest red flags for us. If this is an absolute requirement, why was it not emphasized in the presentation?

5. From my research online, cancelling the membership seems to be somewhat difficult process and the company seems to take their time processing your cancellation while continuing to send you product and taking your money. We basically agreed we would not trust this company with out bank account or credit card information.

Overall, the big "red flags" to us were the repetitive emphasis on the "wonderfulness" of the products or the membership without being crystal clear on the requirements. Yes, anyone signing up for something needs to read the contract, but my observation was that little time was being given to do that, nor that one could take the contract home to read it before signing up. It was a typical high pressure pitch. I realize Melaleuca may work well for some people, but the product purchase requirements, the emphasis on signing up new people and the "upline/downline" format still suggest a typical MLM scheme where you are only going to succeed if you put in hours and hours working to bring in new people or have a heck of a lot of product need in your home. And that doesn't work for a lot of people, including us.

Review about: Product Purchase Process.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Melaleuca?

Submit review

Comments

Everyone of your complaints are very legit...

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1240787

On a per use basis, including the extremely low shipping rate, Melaleuca cost less when compared to comparable products.What I mean by that is you can NOT compare Melaleuca toothpaste to Colgate or Crest.

You must compare it to other natural toothpaste like Jason's or Tom's.

The only people who struggle with the 35 product points are those who still shop at other local stores.

Why would someone want to buy other brands manufactured by companies who don't care about what ingredients they use?

My family consist of only two people and we shop for 120 - 140 worth of points monthly.If Melaleuca did not exist, we would be buying those products anyways, but paying more for them.

FYI the products are awesome and the back up order is to protect your shopping dollars No company other then Melaleuca gives you free products every month.The product points is money Frank ships everywhere around the world so 35 products points is the money value everyone pays the same.

To cancel all you have to do is fax in that you no long want to be a customer. Build a business is hard work but pays off every job is hard the pay from this company is better then working long hours tax man take 30% you have buy gas to get there working from home is awesome. Don't write about thing you don't understand get your facts straight all the best.

Oh and Melaleuca helps the environment that should have been a good enough reason for you to want to be a member Oh ya Costco check out how much they charge and they don't give any free products.

Teresa2
to Anonymous #1322281

BS on the cancellation policy being that easy. It took 3 months and a letter from an attorney to get them to cancel. I had faxed, mailed, called, faxed, etc, as they took over $300 from me.

Thank you for taking the time to put this information out in the public for us to read.

So sorry you were "high Pressured" to become a "sales person", which none of us are, none of us sell any product, ever...It's simple and easy to cancel your membership on the last day of the month before midnight, mountain time...

Yes you can purchase a product or more directly from Melaleuca without being a "member", simply pay the full price, membership gives you 30% to 50% off !!!

Melaleuca will refund your money or credit your account whichever you prefer. So sorry you were possibly misinformed on so many points, or not paying attention ?

For over 20 years now I have had 99% satisfied customers and I always, always inform an interested individual that I will be introducing the Melaleuca company, I am PROUD to represent them and do not hide the company name like those in Amway do . .

.Hope you give it another try sometime...

Best Wishes Always,

Jerry

anonymous09
to Anonymous #1311638

Really then maybe you should surf the facebook groups where I see ads for this company but the company name is sent via pm message,. So I its such a wonderful company and so great then Why are members hiding the true facts about the company unless there are big issues with the company. So really who hiding behind who.

Is their a group of folks secretly meeting to order their monthly requirements online?Shame Melaleuca takes the stance they do.

I have a family of 9!

That's 9!I realize I could easily afford and need the products, but I refuse to on principle.

Just found this page. I agree with the tons of posters below. As long as Mel makes me buy each month I will not be a part of Mel.

to Anonymous Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1240778

I have no idea why there are postings about having to purchase products monthly. Where is that coming from?

While there are benefits to shopping monthly, it is not a requirement. With over 500 products in the store that simply replace what people buy every month, I can't see why a person would NOT shop monthly, but that's up to the customer.

info@globalwellnessandhealthgroup.com