Meijer - BAD SECURITY

13 of 297 Meijer reviews

I shopped the west Saginaw Meijer location in Lansing yesterday and spent $184.00 .Upon leaving the store the security alarm went off and the store greeter asked to see my receipt.

Due to the large amount of groceries and winter clothing I could not find my receipt right away. (This by the way all happening in the store entrance exit doorway foyer, while people were coming and going and starring at me like I was a THIEF! ) The Greeter told me I should have got one from the cashier when I check out, I responded the same cashier that did not demagnetize a security strip . after hearing that I told the greeter to find the receipt in my bags herself and when she did she could also do a cash refund due to all the trouble.

She promptly told me I could leave without finding the receipt?

I have never been so humiliated in all my life.Not sure if I can go back into that store or any other for fear of that kind of embarrassment and humiliation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being treated like a common criminal

Reason of review:
Shamming paying custumers
Product or service
Meijer Checkout
Review category
Food Stores
review #976638

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Meijer? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
13 of 297 Meijer reviews
Lori

Jan 27 #1277095 Inkster, Michigan, United States

What a crazy situation to find yourself in. It sounds like you handled it well and she backed off. She was probably just trying to do her job, but you made it clear you were bothered.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Meijer.
Filing a new complaint about
×