In November 2016 I ordered a trial offer of Meaningful Beauty products. I specifically told the customer service rep that I did not want to have ANY products sent to me thereafter that I did not personally authorize.

He ASSURED me that this was not the case and this was a one time mail out and debit of my card. Pants on fire!!!! Here I am, January 2017 getting a skin care product I've never heard of whose ingredients are mostly fruits, vegetables, and mineral oil, and they charged me almost $150.00. The cost of this 0.5 oz tube of salad dressing-like material came without any invoice, so I had to call my card company to find out the cost.

There was no information about returns, just a flyer inside about this alleged skin cream whose name I've never heard of. My credit card fraud department told me that this was a common scam: the original company assures you that THEY won't send you anything else or charge your card. So they form a sister company that doesn't abide by any such restrictions. Smooth.

Apparently you have to make them promise that your name and card will not be used to create ANY new accounts and that you will not be sent any services or products either by them or by any affiliated company. If you do get them to cancel your account, make sure to get cancellation confirmation numbers FOR ALL THE COMPANIES that they have placed your name in, not just themselves. This means obtaining multiple cancellation confirmation numbers. I will be pursuing this from a legal angle if I do not get satisfaction.

It makes me ill that celebrities loan out their names (for a fee of course) to bogus companies that scam people who actually work for a living or who are on fixed incomes. Sickening. This does not paint Ms. Brinkley in a very favorable light, but I suppose it is possible that she might be unaware or simply has installed pre-arranged personal legal protection from any litigation.

Please note - this is pure conjecture based upon my experience and the experience of the other 900+ people who have complained on this site alone. I personally would not allow my reputation to be sullied in such a manner. Avoid the Meaningful Beauty trap by not placing that first order.

Had I done so I would not be in the position of having unauthorized charges on my credit card. Caveat Emptor!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Meaningful Beauty Cream Free Trial.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Meaningful Beauty Cons: Having my credit card loaned to another company.

Comments

Meaningful Beauty is Cindy Crawford NOT Ms. Brinkley. ??????

Meaningful Beauty Reviews