Verified Reviewer

Featured

We brought our toy hauler trailer to McKenzie RV for warranty work, including a leak in the bedroom window. They left our trailer in their service lot, completely unprotected from the elements (read: FREQUENT RAINSTORMS) for 2 months.

2 MONTHS! The new window is on backorder, so they said they taped the leak shut and ensured no water damage to the interior, and suggested that we use the trailer for a weekend in the meantime so we could enjoy it (how nice). When my husband picked it up, there was no such tape or any type of protection on the window and when my husband asked why, the answer he got was "I don't know what to tell you." The same blankets we had left in the windowsill 2 months prior were still there, completely soaked, I found mold in the leaky window area, in our fridge, in our sink and in our bathroom (brand new trailer, used it 6 times since we bought it), the electrical system failed on the 2nd day of our trip and we couldn't use the generator at all (it detects a short and shut off within 3 seconds - brand new trailer, never an issue before!). It was 42 degrees outside and we couldn't even turn on the AC.

The floor and the area around our slide out was damaged. The slide out seal was damaged and fell off when we opened the slide out (the slide out motor had originally failed, which was part of the warranty work from 2 months prior). The trailer was FILTHY when we brought it home and I had to steam clean stains off of our practically brand new mattress. There was glue all over our couch...The list goes on.

There was barely any communication throughout the 2 months that our trailer was on site and my husband and I both called/emailed multiple times (many of which went unanswered). It wasn't until I emailed the owner and threatened to go to the media about this that someone reached out to us to remedy the issue. The poor woman who was assigned our file didn't even know the full story of what actually happened (and she was horrfied when I told her). She was also under the impression that it was my husband who had been communicating via email and that he was too upset to deal with them so he had me call instead, but it was actually me who had been handling this issue on behalf of both of us from the very beginning save for ONE EMAIL sent by my husband and two phone conversations he had with service because no one would respond to MY calls (annoying).

It was really hoping to have a conversation with the owner and maybe even get a sincere apology from him for his staff's negligence/completely destroying our trailer while in their care, but instead he delegated the task to someone who wasn't even responsible for the problem! We don't even know if our trailer can be salvaged at this point or if it's a write off and needs to be replaced.

We won't know until we have another certified dealership assess the damage (and you betcha, I'll be billing McKenzie for EVERY CENT or for a replacement toy hauler trailer). Don't bring your trailer here!

Preferred solution: Replacement toy hauler trailer and compensation for lost revenue from the 2 month period that we couldn't run the marketing portion of our motorsports business (we stay in the trailer while traveling to various racetrack locations)..

McKenzie RV Trailers Cons: Everything.

Comments