Lowell, North Carolina

I have an unfortunately bad review of McKenney. As a matter of fact, whenever I get into my car, I literally think of McKenney and my sales person and get frustrated and sick to my stomach. That is absolutely no exaggeration although I wish that it were.

We bought a "Certified Pre-Owned" Traverse. I've had it in the shop three times. It's already leaked oil in the cylinders due to the head gaskets leaking. It was smoking and everything. The vehicle has been wrecked prior to my ownership. Not disclosed to me although Certified Pre-Owned vehicles pass a "101 point inspection" that includes emblems and floor mats (read on). Oil all over my driveway now. The tailgate does not have the Traverse emblem on it, but does have the McKenney sticker which I find humorous. I've left it on there so when people ask what kind of vehicle it is; I can share my story. I have used old carpet for floor mats b/c "it didn't come with any" (per the salesperson), but certified vehicles are supposed to. There is currently an awful whine in the transmission. It is just a really bad situation. I am counting the days until I can trade this car back in and get something reliable for my family. Don't bother playing phone tag with them. You can hardly call it tag since Mr. Surbek won't return a call. Really sad. I love the Travers model, but I wanted a reliable one. I'm at 40,000 miles with oil in my cylinder, no floor mats, a whine in my transmission, oil everywhere on my driveway, no emblems, and who knows what else that hasn't come to fruition yet. I hate even driving it. Luckily, it's my wife's to drive although I worry about when it's going to stop running and we are going to be in an even bigger hole. The local dealership I've taken it to for repairs has said that it had no business being "Certified Pre-Owned" . The tailgate has been replaced. If it were ever to have to be removed it should be a challenge as the bolts are good and rounded off. Really frustrating. Unfortunately...even though touted as a great dealerships and most of the older reviews say the same, I urge all potential buyers to move a lot further than the Carfax (which was clean) and inspect the vehicle very, very carefully. They aren’t big on disclosing issues. You are more than welcome to see mine. I am counting the days until I can get it off my hands albeit at a huge loss. Check, check, check....long gone are the days of being able to put trust in auto dealerships. There priority is moving vehicles, not checking them before they do.

So, if you are fond of driving a car that has been wrecked and not disclosed to you as a buyer, missing work to sit in dealerships for repairs, driving a car with no model emblems, have extra carpet laying around for floormats, prefer oil spots from your new vehicle all over your driveway, suffer from complete nausea when you even look at the vehicle, and a loud transmission whine whenever you let off the accelerator....McKenney is the spot for you.

Review about: 2012 Certified Pre Owned Which Was A Joke Chevrolet Traverse.

I liked: Didnt put floor mats in it cuz who needs those.

I didn't like: Pos they sold me without looking at it.

1.8
Interest Rate
Insurance Quality
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $26000
Preferred solution Let me trade this POS in for what I paid and buy a new vehicle that you haven't touched or serviced.

Had an Experience with Mckenney Chevrolet?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion