McKenney Chevrolet Buick - Buyer Beware....If only they had told me.
I have an unfortunately bad review of McKenney. As a matter of fact, whenever I get into my car, I literally think of McKenney and my sales person and get frustrated and sick to my stomach. That is absolutely no exaggeration although I wish that it were.
We bought a "Certified Pre-Owned" Traverse. I've had it in the shop three times. It's already leaked oil in the cylinders due to the head gaskets leaking. It was smoking and everything. The vehicle has been wrecked prior to my ownership. Not disclosed to me although Certified Pre-Owned vehicles pass a "101 point inspection" that includes emblems and floor mats (read on). Oil all over my driveway now. The tailgate does not have the Traverse emblem on it, but does have the McKenney sticker which I find humorous. I've left it on there so when people ask what kind of vehicle it is; I can share my story. I have used old carpet for floor mats b/c "it didn't come with any" (per the salesperson), but certified vehicles are supposed to. There is currently an awful whine in the transmission. It is just a really bad situation. I am counting the days until I can trade this car back in and get something reliable for my family. Don't bother playing phone tag with them. You can hardly call it tag since Mr. Surbek won't return a call. Really sad. I love the Travers model, but I wanted a reliable one. I'm at 40,000 miles with oil in my cylinder, no floor mats, a whine in my transmission, oil everywhere on my driveway, no emblems, and who knows what else that hasn't come to fruition yet. I hate even driving it. Luckily, it's my wife's to drive although I worry about when it's going to stop running and we are going to be in an even bigger hole. The local dealership I've taken it to for repairs has said that it had no business being "Certified Pre-Owned" . The tailgate has been replaced. If it were ever to have to be removed it should be a challenge as the bolts are good and rounded off. Really frustrating. Unfortunately...even though touted as a great dealerships and most of the older reviews say the same, I urge all potential buyers to move a lot further than the Carfax (which was clean) and inspect the vehicle very, very carefully. They aren’t big on disclosing issues. You are more than welcome to see mine. I am counting the days until I can get it off my hands albeit at a huge loss. Check, check, check....long gone are the days of being able to put trust in auto dealerships. There priority is moving vehicles, not checking them before they do.
So, if you are fond of driving a car that has been wrecked and not disclosed to you as a buyer, missing work to sit in dealerships for repairs, driving a car with no model emblems, have extra carpet laying around for floormats, prefer oil spots from your new vehicle all over your driveway, suffer from complete nausea when you even look at the vehicle, and a loud transmission whine whenever you let off the accelerator....McKenney is the spot for you.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Didnt put floor mats in it cuz who needs those
What I disliked
- Pos they sold me without looking at it
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let me trade this POS in for what I paid and buy a new vehicle that you haven't touched or serviced.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2012 Certified Pre Owned Which Was A Joke Chevrolet Traverse
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have had several rvs this one was the most expensive one I paid over a quarter of a million dollars for this new and it is so cheaply made..."
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- "Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words... This is an error message I got from the LastPass plugin for Firefox under Linux. Shortly after this message my browser..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."