McKenney Chevrolet Buick - Buyer Beware....If only they had told me.
I have an unfortunately bad review of McKenney. As a matter of fact, whenever I get into my car, I literally think of McKenney and my sales person and get frustrated and sick to my stomach. That is absolutely no exaggeration although I wish that it were.
We bought a "Certified Pre-Owned" Traverse. I've had it in the shop three times. It's already leaked oil in the cylinders due to the head gaskets leaking. It was smoking and everything. The vehicle has been wrecked prior to my ownership. Not disclosed to me although Certified Pre-Owned vehicles pass a "101 point inspection" that includes emblems and floor mats (read on). Oil all over my driveway now. The tailgate does not have the Traverse emblem on it, but does have the McKenney sticker which I find humorous. I've left it on there so when people ask what kind of vehicle it is; I can share my story. I have used old carpet for floor mats b/c "it didn't come with any" (per the salesperson), but certified vehicles are supposed to. There is currently an awful whine in the transmission. It is just a really bad situation. I am counting the days until I can trade this car back in and get something reliable for my family. Don't bother playing phone tag with them. You can hardly call it tag since Mr. Surbek won't return a call. Really sad. I love the Travers model, but I wanted a reliable one. I'm at 40,000 miles with oil in my cylinder, no floor mats, a whine in my transmission, oil everywhere on my driveway, no emblems, and who knows what else that hasn't come to fruition yet. I hate even driving it. Luckily, it's my wife's to drive although I worry about when it's going to stop running and we are going to be in an even bigger hole. The local dealership I've taken it to for repairs has said that it had no business being "Certified Pre-Owned" . The tailgate has been replaced. If it were ever to have to be removed it should be a challenge as the bolts are good and rounded off. Really frustrating. Unfortunately...even though touted as a great dealerships and most of the older reviews say the same, I urge all potential buyers to move a lot further than the Carfax (which was clean) and inspect the vehicle very, very carefully. They aren’t big on disclosing issues. You are more than welcome to see mine. I am counting the days until I can get it off my hands albeit at a huge loss. Check, check, check....long gone are the days of being able to put trust in auto dealerships. There priority is moving vehicles, not checking them before they do.
So, if you are fond of driving a car that has been wrecked and not disclosed to you as a buyer, missing work to sit in dealerships for repairs, driving a car with no model emblems, have extra carpet laying around for floormats, prefer oil spots from your new vehicle all over your driveway, suffer from complete nausea when you even look at the vehicle, and a loud transmission whine whenever you let off the accelerator....McKenney is the spot for you.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Didnt put floor mats in it cuz who needs those
What I disliked
- Pos they sold me without looking at it
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let me trade this POS in for what I paid and buy a new vehicle that you haven't touched or serviced.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2012 Certified Pre Owned Which Was A Joke Chevrolet Traverse
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "I purchased a Hanma (SunL) SL150-T19, or what ever model it was on March 11, 2008. I was very excited about it and was happy to own my first motor..."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."