Verified Reviewer

1.1

If you want to buy an RV here the salesmen do a good job selling you one but that is where the customer service STOPS! We bought our Winnebago View two years ago, beware the salesmen are sneaky and will sell you one without telling you if anything is wrong with a brand new RV. When we went to drive the motorhome the salesman realized the battery was dead and I saw him go to the override switch that uses the house batteries as a back up power source. When went to reach down to the switch and I asked the he was doing? I knew enough about the motorhome what he was doing but I wanted to see if he would tell me the truth. He tried to change the subject but I pushed him for an answer, which I finally got. Then there was a shimmy to the front wheels which he tried to blow off too. We came to a deal and part of that was to get those items fixed. When we came to pick it up we were told we would get a walk through. WHAT A JOKE. Every time I asked a detailed question the guy would say didnt the salesman tell you that because he didnt know jack. We didnt learn anything except general things that were in the WB handout. So we were on our own to learn about a very high tech RV. Just sad to be treated that way:(

When I got the RV home I went to dewinterized the RV. While running water through the pipes and opening up valves the water just ran on the floor from the bathroom sink. So I had to take all the outer trim pieces to see what was the cause. After looking inside, the *** trap part of the drain was never connected from the factory and was hanging open. Made me wonder how the McClains service department ever winterized the RV and didnt know the antifreeze went all over the floor? Then I went to turn on the water pump and nothing happened. The issue they should have caught was the water lines were loose around the water pump, it was sucking air. So it wouldnt pump water till I went and tightened the lines to the pump.

I had to call Winnebago because the trim tape between panels were falling off and found the winterizing valves werent right and couldnt get all the water taps to work either. Winnebago sent me *** roll of trip tape for the trim. The Tech at Winnebago spent an hour going over the valves and how the are positioned. Come to out the valve was miss labeled. So how did the dealer not know when they winterized the RV and fix it before they tried to sell it?????

On out first long trip our Truma instant hot water heater quit within a week. The rest of the trip we had to take cold showers or sponge baths. Such good quality, ha ha, when you spent over a hundred thousand dollars for a RV. You should expect something better and have the dealer back you up!!!!! NOT AT THIS PLACE. Not only that, the microwave/convection oven quit too. Also we stopped to get diesel and got back in the motor wouldnt start, we were stuck next to the gas pump. I read from other on Facebook the these RVs do this and after the transmission cools it will start. It did start finally but it was hot and embarrassing just sitting there waiting. Also one of the trim pieces that make an arch up on the roof blew off while we were traveling in Nebraska.

Once we got back I called Mclains and I was told it would be two months before they could even look at the issues. You would think if you bought an RV there they would make it a priority to get customers in quickly and when you spend the amount of money we did at their dealership. BUT NOT here DEALER!!!!!!! Dont ever expect the people here to be anything like an Automobile Dealership!!!!!

So the time came to bring the RV in for the repairs, they didnt even have any parts to fix the RV. Then it sat in their lot for another 6+ weeks and more time we couldnt use our RV! Once they got it fixed under warrantee they didnt want to fix the trim piece for the roof because the said the body shop was too busy. I told them it was a bunch of BS and they need to finish the job before I would pick it up. How hard is it to paint a 16 Ince piece of trim??? Give me a break!! By the time we got it back I had to winterize the RV again. So between the poor quality of the RV and the incompetence/crooked employees at this dealer we only got house the RV on one 3 week trip in 2020. If you want a good reputable dealer who provides a day long walk through and services your RV after the sale make the tip to Lichtsinn RV in Forest City Iowa. Forget getting an RV at McClains!!!! DONT say I DIDNT WARN YOU!!!!!

User's recommendation: Buy your RV at Lichsinn RV in Iowa.

Preferred solution: Nothing, just need to warn others buy an RV.

McClains RV Cons: Poor service.

Comments