Mayflower Transit - Worst (and most costly) Move Ever!
We contacted Mayflower moving company in March 2016 to pack and transport our household goods from Arkansas to Florida.The "partner company" representative from Mayflower (Razorback Moving and Storage) quoted an extremely outrageous price ($16,943.69) for an 880 mile transport.
While the price was extremely steep, we agreed to it because we were under a deadline to move out because we had sold the house. The representative stated we would have "exclusive use" of a 4,100 cubic foot capacity truck. On the date of pickup of goods, the representative showed up 6 HOURS LATE with a much smaller truck than was agreed to (Freightliner brand). He then told us that we basically didn't have any choice in the matter other than to accept the smaller truck.
He stated he didn't have another truck anywhere in the state. Since he had PLENTY of time to get a truck, we feel he didn't do so on, either on purpose or through extremely poor business planning. He also virtually threatened that..., if we wanted the size truck which had been negotiated (and agreed to) in the contract, we would have to schedule another transport date and the move couldn't take place for 1-2 weeks. After some heated negotiations, the Mayflower rep agreed to decrease the price by approximately $1,000 but it took the threat of legal action to do so.
The Mayflower movers then CRAMMED all the furniture into the smaller truck and departed. I found out later that same day that a Mayflower 18-wheeled tractor trailer rig was sitting idle at a local Walmart parking lot. Yes, I have pictures of the truck that was at Walmart. I also took pictures of the truck Razorback Moving showed up with.
To add insult to injury, we found out after arrival in Florida that we would have to pay the mover an ADDITIONAL $171 to remove the used boxes. When I called Mayflower on 12 April to complain about the additional charge, I talked to a snotty, condescending "customer service" representative who continually talked over me during the conversation. She..., like the Razorback moving company and Mayflower in general, treated me and my family like we were a bottomless pocketbook and something that should be scrapped off the bottom of their shoes. At NO time during the initial contract negotiation process was a "removal fee" for the boxes EVER discussed or even offered!!
In short, buyer beware!! Mayflower, in my opinion, will nickel and dime every customer they can... using ever form of deceptive practices available to extract maximum money from each sucker (customer). Mayflower failed to deliver the correct sized truck, over-crammed the truck they showed up with, failed to inform us of a box removal fee, and never asked us if we wanted the boxes removed at the end.
We believe Mayflower misrepresented itself during the entire contract negotiation period, subsequent move, and ending period. They will NEVER get another dime of our money. DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER OR UNITED (United is owned by the same company as Mayflower).
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive practices
- Bait and switch tactics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Aramex cheated on prices about their services, did'n give me full information about custom's fees. To get my parcel I had to pay 4 times more then what they announced..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."