Mayflower Transit - Worst (and most costly) Move Ever!
We contacted Mayflower moving company in March 2016 to pack and transport our household goods from Arkansas to Florida.The "partner company" representative from Mayflower (Razorback Moving and Storage) quoted an extremely outrageous price ($16,943.69) for an 880 mile transport.
While the price was extremely steep, we agreed to it because we were under a deadline to move out because we had sold the house. The representative stated we would have "exclusive use" of a 4,100 cubic foot capacity truck. On the date of pickup of goods, the representative showed up 6 HOURS LATE with a much smaller truck than was agreed to (Freightliner brand). He then told us that we basically didn't have any choice in the matter other than to accept the smaller truck.
He stated he didn't have another truck anywhere in the state. Since he had PLENTY of time to get a truck, we feel he didn't do so on, either on purpose or through extremely poor business planning. He also virtually threatened that..., if we wanted the size truck which had been negotiated (and agreed to) in the contract, we would have to schedule another transport date and the move couldn't take place for 1-2 weeks. After some heated negotiations, the Mayflower rep agreed to decrease the price by approximately $1,000 but it took the threat of legal action to do so.
The Mayflower movers then CRAMMED all the furniture into the smaller truck and departed. I found out later that same day that a Mayflower 18-wheeled tractor trailer rig was sitting idle at a local Walmart parking lot. Yes, I have pictures of the truck that was at Walmart. I also took pictures of the truck Razorback Moving showed up with.
To add insult to injury, we found out after arrival in Florida that we would have to pay the mover an ADDITIONAL $171 to remove the used boxes. When I called Mayflower on 12 April to complain about the additional charge, I talked to a snotty, condescending "customer service" representative who continually talked over me during the conversation. She..., like the Razorback moving company and Mayflower in general, treated me and my family like we were a bottomless pocketbook and something that should be scrapped off the bottom of their shoes. At NO time during the initial contract negotiation process was a "removal fee" for the boxes EVER discussed or even offered!!
In short, buyer beware!! Mayflower, in my opinion, will nickel and dime every customer they can... using ever form of deceptive practices available to extract maximum money from each sucker (customer). Mayflower failed to deliver the correct sized truck, over-crammed the truck they showed up with, failed to inform us of a box removal fee, and never asked us if we wanted the boxes removed at the end.
We believe Mayflower misrepresented itself during the entire contract negotiation period, subsequent move, and ending period. They will NEVER get another dime of our money. DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER OR UNITED (United is owned by the same company as Mayflower).
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive practices
- Bait and switch tactics
You May Also Like
- "Uship is one of the biggest and most visible money making illegitimate company's in North America. They are a broker in every definition of the word and description by charging..."
- "Aramex cheated on prices about their services, did'n give me full information about custom's fees. To get my parcel I had to pay 4 times more then what they announced..."
- "In October l purchased what I was told a 2016 extended height 6x12 trailer.after a few weeks the paint on the frame seemed to be coming off and rust started..."
- "Lugs nuts on vehicle were all tight except one wheel! This was intentional and the service center was Fort Lauderdale,fl mechanics name was cole! Stay away from this in competent..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."