Mayflower Transit - Worst (and most costly) Move Ever!

1 of 5 Mayflower Transit reviews

We contacted Mayflower moving company in March 2016 to pack and transport our household goods from Arkansas to Florida.The "partner company" representative from Mayflower (Razorback Moving and Storage) quoted an extremely outrageous price ($16,943.69) for an 880 mile transport.

While the price was extremely steep, we agreed to it because we were under a deadline to move out because we had sold the house. The representative stated we would have "exclusive use" of a 4,100 cubic foot capacity truck. On the date of pickup of goods, the representative showed up 6 HOURS LATE with a much smaller truck than was agreed to (Freightliner brand). He then told us that we basically didn't have any choice in the matter other than to accept the smaller truck.

He stated he didn't have another truck anywhere in the state. Since he had PLENTY of time to get a truck, we feel he didn't do so on, either on purpose or through extremely poor business planning. He also virtually threatened that..., if we wanted the size truck which had been negotiated (and agreed to) in the contract, we would have to schedule another transport date and the move couldn't take place for 1-2 weeks. After some heated negotiations, the Mayflower rep agreed to decrease the price by approximately $1,000 but it took the threat of legal action to do so.

The Mayflower movers then CRAMMED all the furniture into the smaller truck and departed. I found out later that same day that a Mayflower 18-wheeled tractor trailer rig was sitting idle at a local Walmart parking lot. Yes, I have pictures of the truck that was at Walmart. I also took pictures of the truck Razorback Moving showed up with.

To add insult to injury, we found out after arrival in Florida that we would have to pay the mover an ADDITIONAL $171 to remove the used boxes. When I called Mayflower on 12 April to complain about the additional charge, I talked to a snotty, condescending "customer service" representative who continually talked over me during the conversation. She..., like the Razorback moving company and Mayflower in general, treated me and my family like we were a bottomless pocketbook and something that should be scrapped off the bottom of their shoes. At NO time during the initial contract negotiation process was a "removal fee" for the boxes EVER discussed or even offered!!

In short, buyer beware!! Mayflower, in my opinion, will nickel and dime every customer they can... using ever form of deceptive practices available to extract maximum money from each sucker (customer). Mayflower failed to deliver the correct sized truck, over-crammed the truck they showed up with, failed to inform us of a box removal fee, and never asked us if we wanted the boxes removed at the end.

We believe Mayflower misrepresented itself during the entire contract negotiation period, subsequent move, and ending period. They will NEVER get another dime of our money. DO NOT USE MAYFLOWER OR UNITED (United is owned by the same company as Mayflower).

Be warned!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Shipping
review #829329 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mayflower Transit? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 5 Mayflower Transit reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.