East Meadow, New York

My last 2 cars were Nissan's, I received a coupon in the mail saying because of my loyalty and the fact I never missed a car payment I was pre-approved for up to $360 per month. This was important to me because I just went through a divorce and knew that my credit score we not perfect. Something I am currently rectifying. I showed this coupon to my salesman "Josh" who personally I liked and thought he was doing a good job with me.

BUT

After negotiating and coming up with what I felt was a good deal on a lease I was told to wait. When asked why, I was told that we are waiting on the car, then I was told we are waiting on the financial person to assist us. Our waiting lasted 4 hours, at this point my patience was wearing thin, I had friends with me and none of us had eaten. We then finally started to fill out the paperwork and was told that I must give a $250 deposit as store policy. I was apprehensive but was assured by Josh that this would be refunded at the end. But now I realize that this was only to add to my pressure I felt because of my long wait. In hindsight this must have been some kind of game that they play with customers to change and renegotiate the price after the customer is tired stressed and knows they have my deposit so I just can't get up and leave.

Here is where I really felt mistreated and verbally abused. I do not know her last name but her first name is Cindy and she has a pink cast on her arm, she is the financial person. From the very beginning she had a "bullying attitude". She kept telling me to wait even though I did not see a tremendous amount of people in the showroom. I can only say this was for the sake of adding more pressure to the situation. I had been warned by my friend that they might come back and say your credit is no good but let's see what we can do and then jack up the already negotiated price. Sure enough that is what happened. Cindy, went out of her way to make me feel more pressure and again kept telling me to wait. I am an extremely polite person and respect people who show me just the most basic form of respect. She did not. When she finally came out to tell me that I was approved but it would cost more money I was very upset it was now about 1:30pm. Remember I walked into the showroom at 9:30am with a NISSAN coupon saying I was pre-approved for up to $360.Nissan sent me this coupon, it was Nissan who said I was pre-approved and that by showing this coupon would greatly quicken the process. Now I knew that I was being played and told her to give me my money back, maybe I did not say it with a smile but she immediately started accusing me of yelling and raising my voice. None of which was even slightly true. She told me again I would have to wait while she helped another couple until I got my money back. I refused to wait and said you will refund my money now so I can leave. She refused again and verbally assaulted me with a bitter and hostel attitude she started telling me that "NOW I will really have to wait". I walked over to the manager and he called her over she was extremely playful and singing as if nothing was wrong. After the manager told her to refund my money now she started again with her verbal assault on me, telling me that now she will go help REAL clients. I started to defend myself but decided she was not worth my energy. I think she has a lot to learn about customers and how to deal with someone who feels mistreated. I am sure if she was in my shoes and had been waiting for now 4 and half hours that she would not be all smiles.

Also note that the refund that she processed has yet to appear as a refund in my bank. I have attached a copy of the refund, I noticed that by the word "MODE:" it says "offline" If this deposit does not get credited today I will raise all sorts of issues, along with calling the Better Business Bureau and contacting the US headquarters of customer relations at NISSAN.

My experience at Massapequa Nissan is exactly why I hate car shopping, I love Nissan cars but if this is the experience I must go through to purchase one I will try another car company.

Paul

Review about: Lease A Car.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $25000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Massap?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion