100% full Not resolved

Update by user Jul 27, 2016

As a homeowner and a licensed contractor, I urge you to NOT buy a Masonite door.

Original review posted by user Jul 27, 2016

I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is used daily and the leaded glass which is sandwiched between two other sheets of glass has collapsed and pieces lay in a pile at the bottom of the window. The drywall is not even completed yet ( I took a break) so it is definitely within the ten-year warranty range but Masonite will not even talk to me without receipt – which I cannot find.

Related: Masonite - Poor quality and no response from company

Even if I could get another piece of glass I fully expect to have this poorly constructed, inner leaded glass collapse again. What a shame.

Not to mention that the jam is *** as well. Each side is made from many pieces of wood and glued together. Then it is covered with a plaster-type of product to hide this. The plaster cracks and chips off exposing the wood to the elements.

Do yourself a favor and buy a better door – buying Masonite is like having a hole in your pocket.

Review about: Masonite Exterior Door.

I didn't like: Warranty, Quality.

1.3
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Masonite Door
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $1000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Masonite?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1218607

Masonite replaced my door free of charge. contact them directly. We had a good experience with them.