Springboro, Ohio
Featured on Facebook 100% full Not resolved

We ordered a glass door with two sidelight panels.We paid extra to have a custom size door made as our jam was 3/4 in short of a standard size.

Related: Masonite - Front door with side light panel

When the door arrived it was beautiful and exactly what we hoped it would be, however the holes for the door handle were not drilled at the standard 36" but at 32". The hole for the dead bolt was where the door handle should have been. After going around and around with Lowes they re-ordered it (the Lowes guy also ordered it an additional inch too short so we needed to get that additional inch in height and adjust the location/height of the handle. ) When the second door arrived they added the inch on top but the hole for the handle was still at 32 ".

Masonlite couldn't even get it right the second time. At this point Lowes washed their hands of it/us and Masonite won't stand behind their product.

It looks silly when you look at the low door handle next to the handle on the screen door- a good 4 inches higher.We need to replace a couple more exterior doors as well as all interior doors and will avoid this company like the plague!!

Review about: Masonite Fiberglass Entry Door.

I liked: Love the look of my new door.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Masonite Door
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss did not meet expectation / $2200
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Masonite?

Comments

Bought a Masonite door with two side panels and transom window from Home Depot and installed by peak (Home Depot) cost close to $8200!Transom leaks, side panel windows and door window are not sealed and leak.

Every rainfall I have water inside my house. I complained 4 months ago. The door has been inspected 4 times, twice by peak and twice by Masonite. Transom window is now sealed.

All others still unsealed and leak. Complete lack of respect for customer.

Get my door fixed!!Dana in Langley BC