Marston Marine Care - How NOT to paint your boat
I decided to professionally paint my 40 year old Devon Yawl(value £3000) this season.Found Richard Marston who quoted £720 for a job.
He promised she would be ready in a week. I finally rescued her 5 weeks later and £1700 total bill with poor paint work which I could have done myself. Advice to anyone who is thinking about boat painting: 1. Never hire Richard Marston.
The man is not a professional as he calls himself on his website 2. Never agree to bring your boat to his place! She will be a hostage there until Richard Marston squeeze all money he REALLY meant to charge you for 3. Make an agreement in WRITING with price and conditions, so it can't be changed or amended 4.
Buy all materials yourself. Otherwise you will pay Richard Marston double-triple price even though he will promise "trade discounted materials". No invoices would be given. Do not even dare to ask for invoices!
This would make him very angry 5. Even if you see that he did a bad job, don't criticize him. Richard Marston has no idea about customer service or even about right to ask about reasonable job for the money you giving.
Just take it and sail away as fast as you could.Otherwise a depression awaits you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boat And Marine Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container. The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "The only reason I ordered through Cichic was because they advertised yoga onzie brand pants, by the way is still being shown as in stock. But when the package arrived..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."
- "I would like to take time to comment about this rental in detail. The house is on the Leyton tube station and the walk from the tube station is not..."
- "It seems that the Cambridgebusinessacademy.com scam website has been shut down, after taking over $3million from subscribers, claiming the website and business has been 'sold'.On their forum, kevin Potts and..."
- "I have bought countless pairs of Skechers over the years and I love them for their comfort. I have just had foot surgery so need very comfortable shoes so bought..."