Marston Marine Care - How NOT to paint your boat
I decided to professionally paint my 40 year old Devon Yawl(value £3000) this season.Found Richard Marston who quoted £720 for a job.
He promised she would be ready in a week. I finally rescued her 5 weeks later and £1700 total bill with poor paint work which I could have done myself. Advice to anyone who is thinking about boat painting: 1. Never hire Richard Marston.
The man is not a professional as he calls himself on his website 2. Never agree to bring your boat to his place! She will be a hostage there until Richard Marston squeeze all money he REALLY meant to charge you for 3. Make an agreement in WRITING with price and conditions, so it can't be changed or amended 4.
Buy all materials yourself. Otherwise you will pay Richard Marston double-triple price even though he will promise "trade discounted materials". No invoices would be given. Do not even dare to ask for invoices!
This would make him very angry 5. Even if you see that he did a bad job, don't criticize him. Richard Marston has no idea about customer service or even about right to ask about reasonable job for the money you giving.
Just take it and sail away as fast as you could.Otherwise a depression awaits you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boat And Marine Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "I first went to www.carid.com to price wheels. I saw that their wheels were reasonable priced so I decided to purchased 4 wheels with rims. They first gave me a..."
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "It seems that the Cambridgebusinessacademy.com scam website has been shut down, after taking over $3million from subscribers, claiming the website and business has been 'sold'.On their forum, kevin Potts and..."
- "We were cheated when we rented our apartment through airbnb to find the common area was being renovated paint stripped off the walls and the carpet ripped up The apartment is..."
- "Sears – SO RudeI wrote a complaint to Sears and sent it to Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO Louis J. D'Ambrosio. I didn’t expect a personal reply but I..."