Marston Marine Care - How NOT to paint your boat
I decided to professionally paint my 40 year old Devon Yawl(value £3000) this season.Found Richard Marston who quoted £720 for a job.
He promised she would be ready in a week. I finally rescued her 5 weeks later and £1700 total bill with poor paint work which I could have done myself. Advice to anyone who is thinking about boat painting: 1. Never hire Richard Marston.
The man is not a professional as he calls himself on his website 2. Never agree to bring your boat to his place! She will be a hostage there until Richard Marston squeeze all money he REALLY meant to charge you for 3. Make an agreement in WRITING with price and conditions, so it can't be changed or amended 4.
Buy all materials yourself. Otherwise you will pay Richard Marston double-triple price even though he will promise "trade discounted materials". No invoices would be given. Do not even dare to ask for invoices!
This would make him very angry 5. Even if you see that he did a bad job, don't criticize him. Richard Marston has no idea about customer service or even about right to ask about reasonable job for the money you giving.
Just take it and sail away as fast as you could.Otherwise a depression awaits you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boat And Marine Services
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "I have bought countless pairs of Skechers over the years and I love them for their comfort. I have just had foot surgery so need very comfortable shoes so bought..."
- "We bought 6 Fu-nicha "z" chairs in faux leather and a glass dining table for over £800. Within 11 months the "faux" leather covers have ripped and worn through. The..."
- "Sears – SO RudeI wrote a complaint to Sears and sent it to Chairman Edward S. Lampert and CEO Louis J. D'Ambrosio. I didn’t expect a personal reply but I..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."