Calgary, Alberta

Hi, I live in a city of a million people. I am a woman who works in construction. It is clearly a man who finds the product for marks. This is a picture of the entire women's work wear section in marks in Calgary. This is about 1/100th of the work wear clothing. The other 99/100th belonging to men. Not only is the selection horribly small, it sticks out like a sore thumb, with colours like pink and purple. Not sure if you've ever been a woman in construction but I think I have enough factors stacked against me with having a *** in a mans world already. I don't need to be blatantly labeled as a woman showing up to work wearing bright pink or purple. I wouldn't wear these colours in my day to day life, nor would I wear them at work. This is only provoking men to treat me "like a woman".

I would like equality in the work place, but we just aren't there yet, socially, so I do my best to fit in like one of the guys, so I can have the opportunities they have.

I just want a normal black or grey work shirt, just like all the guys clothes. I would buy the men's clothes but they don't seem to fit in the hips or ***. Weird. Also I'm not wearing baggy *** clothes to work that can get caught in rotating equipment. Is it so much to ask for to sell some plain *** women's wear. Maybe with like two shirts.. Almost like I have an option?

Women work, they need clothes. They don't need to stand out. This has been going on way too long.

1.5
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Marks Work Wearhouse?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.