At the time we opened our account, we had not difficulty with the payments. However, about two years after opening the account, we experienced serious medical issues, and our living arrangements changed (unemployed child and family moved in increasing household from two to six), putting a serious strain on our monthly income.

I called Customer Service and explained our situation, and requested a hardship payment plan for the immediate future. I was told they did not do such but I could have a reduced payment for three months. After three months, I would have to make regular payments for six months before I could apply for another three-month reduction. Common sense should indicate that a situation such as ours is not going to miraculously improve in three months time. Why not reassess the total balance due, work out a payment plan to pay down the account. I have closed the account, and have paid down to approximately $1,300.00, but am still in a situation whereby I can not make the monthly payment of $250.00. I could easily make $150.00, but no, they will not work with me. My situation is gradually improving -- our child is now employed -- but I am behind on my account with little promise of being able to pay the past due amount and this will go on my credit record and they will gladly spend money to hire a collection agency to worry the life out of me, and I already have enough about which to worry that is really important; I don't need harassing telephone calls added.

Bottom line -- I will never deal with Marks and Morgan or any other Sterling Jewelry company.

Review about: Customer Service And Accounts Service.

I liked: Store manager.

I didn't like: Dealing with accounts payable and or customer service, Failure to work with the client.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other issue / Not specified
Preferred solution refigure payment based on current balance, not high balance so I can afford payment

Had an Experience with Marks And Morgan Jewelers?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.