Verified Reviewer

Good Morning,

To whom it may concern I left a google and yelp review after my recent experience there and was reached out to on yelp stating I was trying to be contacted. I'm hoping whoever reads this can help me.

My boyfriend had booked me a massage, manicure and pedicure appointment for March 23, 2023. The massage, massage therapist Leah and the older blonde lady at the front desk was the only amazing experience I had encountered. My manicure was horrendous. At the time of making my appointment my boyfriend did not know what I had on my nails and told the receptionist that when he booked it.

The receptionist told him that all I had to do was at the time of my appointment tell the tech what I had on my nails and that they would be able to do the service for what was currently on my nails, and booked the appointment as a standard gel manicure. When I met with my tech Journey, I let her know that I had on acrylic overlay with no chip on and she immdiately replied I do not have time to that for you. I explained to her that I was told to just let you know what I had on and you'd be able to do it for me. She stated to me again she had no time to do what I wanted and my only option was she can remove the acryclic and continue with the manicure but thats all she could do.

I told her i did not want my acrylic removed but if they could not do my manicure I'd be okay with doing just my pedicure and that would be fine. Journey had rolled her eyes and then spoke with the older blonde receptionist and she ended up doing the fill with no chip. Then Journey stated she would not be doing my pedicure that they would see if someone could squeeze me in. I showed her a picture of the nails I wanted to do and I wanted the same colors ( which was teal and the ring finger white with a teal flower.) She said she could do that.

Never stated they do not carry teal in no chip. I asked her to cut down my nails three times and each time she said okay and never did. Did not even file down my nails either. The color application was horrendous.

She did not put the teal and white on my nails or do what I had asked for. Some nails had so much color globbed on and other nails had uneven color. Some nails had cracked polish and the polish did not cover the side of my nails. I wanted to cry.

I went to the front desk to leave and the older blonde woman helped out. She stated that my naisl were beautiful but then noticed I was visibly upset. I explained to her what happened and showed her my nails and she stated that the servcie that was done was unacceptable. She then grabbed the manager who was at the desk and come to findout she was the one who booked my appointment.

She explained she did it that way as it alotted for the maximum time. Which is understandable I get it. But I then explained to her my interaction with Journey. I showed her my nails and the issues I had with them and she just kept saying oh they look beautiful.

I kept trying to tell her about my experience with journey and I was being dismissed. I asked if someone else could fix my nails a different day as I had another appointment to get to as it was 12:30 and I was supposed to be completed with everything at 1. I did not get my pedicure due to time as I had another appointment to get too. The manager stated that I would only pay for the massage since I had such a bad experience and I would not be charged for the pedicure.

My boyfriend left a card on file to be charged and they charged my card an hour later (we get text notifications for the credit card) I was charged for both the massage and the manicure. I NEVER complain as I have bad anxiety and really do avoid conflict/confrontation. I expected salon quality nails and professional service as Mario Tricoci is a big name in the industry.

I ended up going to my norm al salon for them to fix my nails do my pedicure. I have not heard back from anyone about this and I really would like to have a resolution.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Mario Tricoci Pros: Massage was amazing, Massage tech was amazing.

Mario Tricoci Cons: Attitude from nail tech, Wrong appointment scheduled, Manager dismissed my issues.

Location: 15451 South 94th Avenue, Orland Park, Illinois 60462, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Mario Tricoci Reviews