"Bait & Switch" by Manassas Computer Repair [alias: Advantage Computer Services]
 Bait & Switch / False advertising
 A "Dangle-the-carrot" ploy
On September 4, 2013, ordered a Garmin nuvi 1490LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS from Advantage Computer Services; Manassas, Va. via Amazon.com.
 When my order arrived, it was a much lesser capable "Garmin nuvi 1490T", not a 1490LMT.
The "LMT" designator means "Lifetime Traffic & Maps" updates at no extra cost.
In short, this unit's [the 1490T] retail value is $80.00 to $100.00 LESS than that of the expected 1490LMT unit.
 Additionally, the unit was a "Commercial Fleet Sales" unit intended for trucking & delivery services, not a standard retail unit; meaning the capabilities are heavily restricted. ie: On the main intro screen, instead of "Where To" [to set destinations]; the prompt reads "Dispatch".
Complaint emailed [and called] to Amazon and then to Advantage Computer Services.
Shortly thereafter I [finally] received a response from Ken Campbell [read his second sentence carefully!]
------- Excerpt from email of Ken Campbell, Store Manager ------
From: Advantage Computer Services - Amazon Marketplace
Date: 09/16/13 12:24:15
"We will cover return shipping cost if you agree to take down the negative feedback." <=========
===> Obviously, I did not fall for this ploy.
THIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AT AMAZON.COM WILL REMAIN.
Not surprisingly, Manassas Computer Repair [alias: Advantage Computer Services] is not a BBB member.
My money [$100.00] refunded by Amazon.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Portable Gps
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a charger from them advertised as a "GENUINE Original 60W Apple Macbook Magsafe 2 Charger". Received a generic (generic box, no logo on charger). Emailed them about it..."
- "Client experience and many other ones here has nothing to do with the Control4 hardware. Nowadays, the gear is bulletproof. The user experience has to do with many..."
- "If I could give this seller ZERO stars I would. In fact I would give them negative stars if I could. Ordered a balance scooter, was promised it would be..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "Three days ago, I had a big problem with my statistics assignment, so I was looking for a good assignment help agency. Searching the web I saw hundreds of agencies...."
- "Hello Aldi sold me an expired yogurt on December 2015. Please refer to attachment. the yogurt was expired on 2014 however Aldi stores sold it to me on December of..."
- "I bought A drone (HUBSAN H501S X4 )but it came with a faulty battery. I contacted Gearbest and they want me to pay more money to get it replaced...."