81 views
Verified Reviewer

Inventors BEWARE! I would not recommend this company.

This company is all about the money and not helping inventors. Don’t waste your time and money. I paid this company to design and prototype a product idea (close to $50k). The designs that I paid for , come to find out, are infringing on other products!!

I approached them about this and asked for money back and was told no. I had a feeling in the beginning and I questioned the CEO on infringing and he said the one that gets ahead in the market is what matters not a patent. This is not true...patents matter. Now I’m in a position where if I move forward I will be sued for infringement.

Again for a product this company designed and that I paid for!!! So $50k down the can! Doesn’t make since to me...very unsatisfied and lost a lot of money.

I got a second opinion on CAD design and was quoted $600...they charged me $24,000. I’m not trying to be hateful I just want to save people from making the same mistake!

Product or Service Mentioned: Mako Design And Invent Invention Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

#2040678

The client should have researched related patents before getting into expensive design.

#2011998

I too was totally taken advantage of by Mako Design and Invent. I lost 10,000 dollars.

I was told that the CAD design they had come up with for my product was completely useless and not able to be used for prototyping.

This company is a total fraud. BEWARE

Thank you for sharing your experience..this is indeed a very negative position to be in. I hope you will at least be able to recover some of your investment... Filing a complain with the BBB should be considered if here are no other options to resolve.

#1952023
@PissedConsumer1834635

Bad deal and sorry you lost your money. My question is if you were infringing your patentability search would have had the prior art.

Or should have if it was done correctly.

Are you saying you were counseled to ignore potential conflicts in favor of market position? Where did the communication breakdown occur as far as expectation vs reality?

MAKO Design And Invent Reviews