Update added by user Jul 20, 2012
On July 17, 2012, Makai Animal Clinic left this threatening message directed at me on their Facebook page, \"While this client still has numerous negative website and postings as well as her own personal website attacking Makai Animal Clinic, we are now consulting with our legal team in regards to a lawsuit pertaining to slander & defammation of charactor against this previous client. We will give her 30 days to remove all the negative postings and sites before proceeding.\" As of July 19, 2012, I have yet to hear from their \"legal team.\"
UPDATE: They removed the threatening post but you can still see another post dated May 21, 2012 (hurry, they will probably DELETE that one too!!!)
Makai Animal Clinic was attempting to literally bully me into taking away my constitutional right to express my opinion about a product or a service. In my opinion it says a lot about a business...
Original review posted by user May 18, 2012
Cashew was my family's 11 year old Golden Retriever. On November 18, 2011, Cashew went to Makai Animal Clinic for a routine operation. We had been taking all 6 of our dogs to Makai for almost 7 years.
Five agonizing months later, Cashew had to be put down. He could no longer fight the 2 deadly, infectious bacteria that that had taken over his body.
Cashew died because Dr. Zane did not look at Cashew's Records (Dr. Zane had taken a blood test about 1 Â½ years ago) and gave him a drug (Rimadyl) that tests showed he could not tolerate. The side effects (the drug has many side effects including Death) caused a red, itchy "hotspot" on the top of Cashew's head. The lesion became infected and spread down his face and other lesions appeared on his legs, arms and trunk.
Despite us asking Dr. Zane (3 times) to please take a culture test, Dr. Zane refused but instead kept prescribing different antibiotics.
Throwing different antibiotics at an infection without knowing what it is can be deadly. Overuse of antibiotics is but one of the reasons behind the swift evolution of the "superbugs," the other reason is lack of knowledge.
By the time any tests were taken, it was too late.
Cashew's body has been taken over by 2 potentially deadly, transmittable (between human and animal) bacterial infections (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) and Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal (Strep) .
Cashew was eventually put out of his misery.
Dr. Zane/Makai Animal Clinic have refused to take any responsibility but they were more than willing to take over $3,000 from us.
I recommend you avoid this Vet/Clinic at all costs, especially if you love your pet.
I created a website to share Cashew's Story. Please visit it if you want (photos are graphic).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Vet Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "I'm trying to find a product called PELLITOL OINTMENT for my dogs ears, but no luck. SVPMEDS finally pop up saying that they sell an identical product called Re-ca-litol Otic..."
- "On Dec. 26, 2008 Dr. Wm. Schultz DVM, owner of Schultz Veterinary Clinic in Okemos, Michigan did a c-section on my show dog Mulan. Eight months later she showed signs..."
- "March 21st we took our daughter's one year old Bishon to be spade. We have been on a well-ness plan that was sold to us for that very reason, yet..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by..."
- "I ordered a standing spray/wreath for the funeral of a deceased Soldier. The arrangement delivered was not what was ordered--it was a small arrangement in a bowl and much smaller..."
- "...I ordered for a Christmas present from swagtron.com and it has a LARGE crack, it's dirty, scratched..."