Update added by user Jul 20, 2012
On July 17, 2012, Makai Animal Clinic left this threatening message directed at me on their Facebook page, \"While this client still has numerous negative website and postings as well as her own personal website attacking Makai Animal Clinic, we are now consulting with our legal team in regards to a lawsuit pertaining to slander & defammation of charactor against this previous client. We will give her 30 days to remove all the negative postings and sites before proceeding.\" As of July 19, 2012, I have yet to hear from their \"legal team.\"
UPDATE: They removed the threatening post but you can still see another post dated May 21, 2012 (hurry, they will probably DELETE that one too!!!)
Makai Animal Clinic was attempting to literally bully me into taking away my constitutional right to express my opinion about a product or a service. In my opinion it says a lot about a business...
Original review posted by user May 18, 2012
Cashew was my family's 11 year old Golden Retriever. On November 18, 2011, Cashew went to Makai Animal Clinic for a routine operation. We had been taking all 6 of our dogs to Makai for almost 7 years.
Five agonizing months later, Cashew had to be put down. He could no longer fight the 2 deadly, infectious bacteria that that had taken over his body.
Cashew died because Dr. Zane did not look at Cashew's Records (Dr. Zane had taken a blood test about 1 Â½ years ago) and gave him a drug (Rimadyl) that tests showed he could not tolerate. The side effects (the drug has many side effects including Death) caused a red, itchy "hotspot" on the top of Cashew's head. The lesion became infected and spread down his face and other lesions appeared on his legs, arms and trunk.
Despite us asking Dr. Zane (3 times) to please take a culture test, Dr. Zane refused but instead kept prescribing different antibiotics.
Throwing different antibiotics at an infection without knowing what it is can be deadly. Overuse of antibiotics is but one of the reasons behind the swift evolution of the "superbugs," the other reason is lack of knowledge.
By the time any tests were taken, it was too late.
Cashew's body has been taken over by 2 potentially deadly, transmittable (between human and animal) bacterial infections (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) and Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal (Strep) .
Cashew was eventually put out of his misery.
Dr. Zane/Makai Animal Clinic have refused to take any responsibility but they were more than willing to take over $3,000 from us.
I recommend you avoid this Vet/Clinic at all costs, especially if you love your pet.
I created a website to share Cashew's Story. Please visit it if you want (photos are graphic).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Vet Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "Applied Vectra on my cat July 19th, 2015 Sunday evening. Monday July 20th he had a round bald spot. Today, July 21st ,Tuesday he has another bald spot about an..."
- "First Shield Flea Medication sold by Banfield Pet Hospital in Pet Smart is poison. I do Not use Banfield as vet for my animals, but sometimes purchased Front line flea..."
- "My Yorkie mix had been taking Vectra 3d for a year then as she go older we changed one brand for smaller dogs because she was in the next weight..."
- "Your ginger snaps, are a disgrace to the name, "ginger snap".. You have reduced the product in size, texture, and taste... They are currently so much like a tasteless, cardboard..."
- "Reading the other comments about Pella, it seems almost unnecessary to add another unhappy experience. To begin with, it took nearly 4 months to obtain the parts and replace..."
- "When Moving my expensive collectables from my curio cabinets for the carpeting to get replaced I found three missing items I did not notice missing before. I called the office..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."