Update added by user Jul 20, 2012
On July 17, 2012, Makai Animal Clinic left this threatening message directed at me on their Facebook page, \"While this client still has numerous negative website and postings as well as her own personal website attacking Makai Animal Clinic, we are now consulting with our legal team in regards to a lawsuit pertaining to slander & defammation of charactor against this previous client. We will give her 30 days to remove all the negative postings and sites before proceeding.\" As of July 19, 2012, I have yet to hear from their \"legal team.\"
UPDATE: They removed the threatening post but you can still see another post dated May 21, 2012 (hurry, they will probably DELETE that one too!!!)
Makai Animal Clinic was attempting to literally bully me into taking away my constitutional right to express my opinion about a product or a service. In my opinion it says a lot about a business...
Original review posted by user May 18, 2012
Cashew was my family's 11 year old Golden Retriever. On November 18, 2011, Cashew went to Makai Animal Clinic for a routine operation. We had been taking all 6 of our dogs to Makai for almost 7 years.
Five agonizing months later, Cashew had to be put down. He could no longer fight the 2 deadly, infectious bacteria that that had taken over his body.
Cashew died because Dr. Zane did not look at Cashew's Records (Dr. Zane had taken a blood test about 1 Â½ years ago) and gave him a drug (Rimadyl) that tests showed he could not tolerate. The side effects (the drug has many side effects including Death) caused a red, itchy "hotspot" on the top of Cashew's head. The lesion became infected and spread down his face and other lesions appeared on his legs, arms and trunk.
Despite us asking Dr. Zane (3 times) to please take a culture test, Dr. Zane refused but instead kept prescribing different antibiotics.
Throwing different antibiotics at an infection without knowing what it is can be deadly. Overuse of antibiotics is but one of the reasons behind the swift evolution of the "superbugs," the other reason is lack of knowledge.
By the time any tests were taken, it was too late.
Cashew's body has been taken over by 2 potentially deadly, transmittable (between human and animal) bacterial infections (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) and Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal (Strep) .
Cashew was eventually put out of his misery.
Dr. Zane/Makai Animal Clinic have refused to take any responsibility but they were more than willing to take over $3,000 from us.
I recommend you avoid this Vet/Clinic at all costs, especially if you love your pet.
I created a website to share Cashew's Story. Please visit it if you want (photos are graphic).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Vet Service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "Cashew was my family's 11 year old Golden Retriever. On November 18, 2011, Cashew went to Makai Animal Clinic for a routine operation. We had been taking all 6 of..."
- "I used frontline according to directions and it caused a chemical burn on my dog causing pain, raw bloody skin and loss of her hair and skin. Now she..."
- "My email invoice states I was billed $71.55 USD which would have been 44.98 British Sterling Pounds. They actually billed to my credit card $71.03 USD. This has made the..."
- "The materials are substandard with low resolution quality. The prices are through the roof. My adorable son was the only redeeming quality of the photos...."
- "I ordered Marco's pizza for the first time and had it delivered 12/28/15. Large 2 topping extra cheese and the pizza was very very greasy. I could literally see the..."
- "False advertising. Sold me 1 thing, sent me another. Refused to make it right! Worst online buying experience ever!! Horrible customer service!!!..."
- "I got a chicken biscuit meal and it was a small rubbery chicken finger gardendale Arby's ripped me off!!!!!!..."
- "And here are the large fries that she got after going back after not being waited on the first time..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."