Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Jan 31, 2024

Hello, I am writimg you to complain about the treatment received in the Lankenau ER. I brought my daughter to the ER and waited 2 hours to be seen.

She was apparently in severe stomach pain. She sat and suffered in the emergency room, throwing up, grimacing in pain for 2 hours. I told the admin that I would take her to Bryn Mawr and they told me that it would be as long of a wait so we stayed hoping to get some help. My daughter's name was finally called and they took us to the back.

When we got to the back they put my daughter on a gurney in the hallway and said they were backed up. We waited for an hour thinking we were going to get a room and we were told that my daughter's condition was not important enough to get a room. The nurse that helped us told us that "she just works here." We sat in the hallway with a room directly next to us that sat empty until they finally bought another patient who didn't seem to be in any pain. My daughter was offered no privacy or dignity while she went through the pain.

Shouldn't every patient have that right? Also, my daughter had a gastric bypass and severe pain isn't a good thing in her situation yet her pain wasn't important enough. Attached is the patients rights that states what every patient should be able to receive along with pictures. It seems like they make decisions based on age.

My daughter was immobilized from pain, vomiting and suffering but the room went to an older woman who was able to walk to the bathroom alone. My daughter is 24 so I guess her pain didn't matter.

Every single patient, staff member and patients family members were able to stare at my daughter..there was no privacy for my child to suffer privately. It's disgusting that this hospital services so many for years yet still doesn't have an adequate facility to hold patients.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Main Line Health Center Reviews