Magix never resends returned rebate check
Summary:rebate checks never received, they claimed it had been sent but returned (in fact: incomplete address, typo), ask to verify the address--but no checks nor follow up ever since, I had tried to contact all their numbers, email, fax, through mail and fax. No response at all.
This is a German company. I think if they want to promote their products and want to compete in the U.S., they need to prove their reputation. Everyone should think twice before buying from a company that consumers cannot contact at all (including customer service and sales dept.) In my case, a company that didn’t want to fulfill their responsibility and didn’t keep their promise. I never had problem with rebate fulfillment from other U.S. big companies, especially that involved $10 or more.
The long story:This company offered rebates for 2 of their products in December 2007.Movie Edit Pro 12 code #12-26-07 MEP for $20 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 MEPU for $20 (upgrade rebate)Xtreme Photostory on CD & DVD 6code #12-26-07 PS6 for $15 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 PS6U for $10 (upgrade rebate)
My first email: May 2, 2008 (followed by May 10 & May 16)A reply from Magix : May 20 (Please verify the address as one check has been returned to us.)More emails to them: 23 May 2008, 3 July, 28 JulyMail (resubmit paperwork): May 19, June 30Postcard: Aug 22Fax: mid Sept
All the rebate requirements were mailed back in mid-January 2008. I received two checks in April, both for the regular rebates. Since I didn’t receive more checks, I sent my first email in May asking my upgrade rebates’ status. I received a reply to “verify the address as one check has been returned to them,” but without any follow-up nor any checks in the mail. This is not the first time requesting a rebate from this company, the returned check was because of a typo (incomplete address, missing one word).
Since July I had tried to call all their numbers, but the lines were always busy and I got disconnected right away---no chance to talk to someone or leave a message. The only time it went to their answering machine was in April, asking me to email them at email@example.com.
I had resubmitted everything in paper to their address in Florida twice, and I sent a postcard and fax with a hope that somebody would read and respond immediately. Still no response. I don't know what else I can do to contact them.
Often times people buy items with rebate in order to try the products, but now I will not buy anything else from them and will stick with big American companies that have reliable products and their customer service exist.
Contact for rebate:Phone: 1-888-866-2449 (x107)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company contact #:Phone: 1-305-642-6300Fax: 1-305-642-6400Email: email@example.com To place an order: 1-888-326-2449 For technical support call: 1-305-722 5821 (10 am to 5 pm est)
You'll hear either of these:- all lines are busy, please call again later (then disconnected)- please call during office hours
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Rebate Check
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "Dear All, Kindly be informed that I have a major security problem with drop box application, The problem is when I signed up in drop box and opened it for usage,..."
- "Those guys behind (AtomPark) were legit in the past, but now they become scammers and started to rip off customers as well as affiliates. I was promoting their products from..."
- "Absolutely disgusted by this fraud. Is anyone doing anything to stop this? ..."
- "I.have currently been on hold for 30 min still waiting....my consultant that I used is practically ignoring me. I let her know Monday that I received my order but was..."
- " I have never written a bad review, and I truly wish that I didn't have to. I have worked in retail and..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."