Magix never resends returned rebate check

1 of 1 Magix reviews

Summary:rebate checks never received, they claimed it had been sent but returned (in fact: incomplete address, typo), ask to verify the address--but no checks nor follow up ever since, I had tried to contact all their numbers, email, fax, through mail and fax. No response at all.

This is a German company. I think if they want to promote their products and want to compete in the U.S., they need to prove their reputation. Everyone should think twice before buying from a company that consumers cannot contact at all (including customer service and sales dept.) In my case, a company that didn’t want to fulfill their responsibility and didn’t keep their promise. I never had problem with rebate fulfillment from other U.S. big companies, especially that involved $10 or more.

The long story:This company offered rebates for 2 of their products in December 2007.Movie Edit Pro 12 code #12-26-07 MEP for $20 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 MEPU for $20 (upgrade rebate)Xtreme Photostory on CD & DVD 6code #12-26-07 PS6 for $15 (regular rebate)code #12-26-07 PS6U for $10 (upgrade rebate)

My first email: May 2, 2008 (followed by May 10 & May 16)A reply from Magix : May 20 (Please verify the address as one check has been returned to us.)More emails to them: 23 May 2008, 3 July, 28 JulyMail (resubmit paperwork): May 19, June 30Postcard: Aug 22Fax: mid Sept

All the rebate requirements were mailed back in mid-January 2008. I received two checks in April, both for the regular rebates. Since I didn’t receive more checks, I sent my first email in May asking my upgrade rebates’ status. I received a reply to “verify the address as one check has been returned to them,” but without any follow-up nor any checks in the mail. This is not the first time requesting a rebate from this company, the returned check was because of a typo (incomplete address, missing one word).

Since July I had tried to call all their numbers, but the lines were always busy and I got disconnected right away---no chance to talk to someone or leave a message. The only time it went to their answering machine was in April, asking me to email them at unlock@magix.net.

I had resubmitted everything in paper to their address in Florida twice, and I sent a postcard and fax with a hope that somebody would read and respond immediately. Still no response. I don't know what else I can do to contact them.

Often times people buy items with rebate in order to try the products, but now I will not buy anything else from them and will stick with big American companies that have reliable products and their customer service exist.

Contact for rebate:Phone: 1-888-866-2449 (x107)Email: unlock@magix.net

Company contact #:Phone: 1-305-642-6300Fax: 1-305-642-6400Email: info-us@magix.net To place an order: 1-888-326-2449 For technical support call: 1-305-722 5821 (10 am to 5 pm est)

You'll hear either of these:- all lines are busy, please call again later (then disconnected)- please call during office hours

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Magix reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Ninoapb

May 28, 2014 #821219 Buffalo, New York, United States

This company sucks...they make it impossible to terminate their services and then want to threaten you with collection when we requested cancellation 5 times...Don't give them you credit card you will never terminate charges...they will do everything to not terminate...

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Magix.
Filing a new complaint about
×