Jersey City, New Jersey

The posts about Magellan are not surprising; they have been sued in the past....for by administering behavioral health care services for employers and insurers in such a way as to keep the number of times patients use these services as low as possible. Magellan saves money by engaging in a variety of practices, including:

* Imposing cost-based, restrictive criteria to limit approvals of coverage.

* Providing financial incentives to physicians for not recommending covered services.

* Pressuring claims reviewers to deny claims.

* Instituting unreasonable approval and appeal requirements to prevent, discourage, and delay policyholders from attaining their right to coverage under the terms of their plans.

* Arranging to profit directly from under-treatment by assuming the role of an insurance company, not merely a claims processor.

Review about: Health Insurance.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Magellan Health Insurance?

Comments

UR_Going_Down
#732092

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST MAGELLAN! $700 Billion!

AVAST YE CORPORATE SWABS! Magellan Health Insurance prepare to go belly up!