Bekasi, Jawa Barat
Resolved

Dear Admin,

Hi. My name is Sessario Bayu Mangkara. I live in Jakarta and I worked as a freelancer for environmental consulting.

I am confusing about my membership status in lynda. I realize that I joined to www.lynda.com in July 2016, because I interested with your promotion program.

For this situation, I really shocked to the billing of my credit card. To be honest, I am not have a plan to take a course in www.lynda.com and I seldom to visit the website. I have another priorities to take another course.

I will make a confirmation about your email statement: "*30-Day Free Trial Terms: At the end of your 30-day trial, you'll automatically be enrolled in a membership that will renew each month/year. I will make a correction first, "you'll automatically be enrolled in a membership", I think this statement is not fair to the customer that he or she is not really want to continue his or her premium membership.

In addition, if you want to make a good cooperation with your member, you could give a confirmation first and send them an important email or urgent email. This email as a reminder to the customer to continue his or her membership in Lynda.

For 2 months, I just realize for now and this is make me disappointed to your system, especially in making confirmation about membership status and or payment section. In this situation, I think you should give me back the payment (refund), because this is not only my mistake, but also in your system. Your email confirmation not give me more attention.

My suggestion is sending the email with important email information, so that I can see that email directly. Your email is just or only can see in updates or promotion section (in Google Mail).

For 2 months, I don't take any course in www.lynda.com and I must pay the billing. It is not fair to me.

I give you the email about my premium membership:

Hello Sessario Bayu, Thank you for signing up for Lynda​.com, the best place to learn new skills on-demand.

You're all set to go with unlimited access to expert-led courses. Amount: $34.99

Payment Information

Method: Credit Card

Card Type: VISA Card #: ************6706

Name: Sessario Bayu Mangkara

Date: 08/13/2016

Subscription Information Receipt #: 461738055

Type: Monthly Premium

Start Date: 07/14/2016

In that email you not give the important email information, and I am not realize about this situation.

Please give your good feedback to me. I hope my billing statement can be refund and I think this case will improve your system in the future. It is really nice to know about your solution.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sessario Bayu Mangkara

Review about: Lynda Membership.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Lynda?

Comments

I was charged a whole-year subscription!

to Anonymous #1286407

did they issue any refund? Even I was charged $360? how did you proceed with this

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia #1224013

Good day,

I also experience the same for the above and my Credit Card was auto charged for August & September subscription.

I look forward to your favourable reply and refund for the 2-months too.

Thanks & Regards