Mukilteo, Washington
With Company response Not resolved

Wow. I bought the system for $40. No big deal. Didn't work for me, made my skin look cakey, which is the very thing it said it wouldn't do. I figured it's just $40. I don't want to bother returning it. Maybe someone I know will like it.

Fast forward 2 months, I start getting charges on my credit card, first for $35 and then two weeks later another for $80. I tried to call Luminess, but conveniently, their phone system was broken, totally broken, as in hung up on me. The online chat person tells me that there is nothing they can do, there are no other numbers. One of the phone numbers the have listed on their Website is actually a fax number. Ridiculous.

I finally got a hold of them today. This rude agent starts telling me I signed an agreement to pay 5 more payments of $80 when I charged my credit cad and needed to return everything within 30 days to cancel, and since I didn't do that, I was on the hook for another $400 (actually a little more because the charge was something like $85).

I said I was filing charges for fraud right away with American Express. She then said she could possibly get it approved through her supervisor then put me on hold for like 20 minutes. Then, she tells me I need all original shipping boxes and the manual in order to return. I of course don't have the shipping boxes or the manual. She tells me she would need to charge me a 25% fee for that. I went crazy and said if they even think about charging me anything for a 5 cent manual, I will file fraud charges and complain to every agency I can think of. She then said she will go ahead and waive that fee.

I will NEVER deal with this company again. Oh, and by the way, their $450 machine is a piece of junk and looks like the kind of thing you can buy for $10 at the drug store. Maybe if you have an amazing product, you don't have to try to extort money from your customers.

Learn from my mistakes and stay away from this product and this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Luminess Air Airbrush Makeup System Free Trial.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

LuminessAir
Luminess Air Response
#1191571

Hi There,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to communicate why Luminess Air did not meet your expectations.Here at Luminess Air, we stand behind our products and will not be satisfied until you are satisfied.We have 4 different finishes of foundation, as every skin type is different and an absolute free color match for all customers. The infomercial also explains that customers may try Luminess Air starting at 19.95.

We do believe in full disclosure of all Terms and Conditions and make sure Terms are agreed upon online before checking out. If there were any Terms missed our Customer Service Representatives are here to explain and assist in the best way possible. We strive on providing the absolute best Customer Service and products and are saddened that you feel you received anything less than that.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally Ashley@luminessair.com, as I would love to turn your experience around with us.

Luminess Air Reviews