Toronto, Ontario
1.3K views
With Company response

I recently ordered the LUMINESS airbrush system as advertised for USD 19.95 plus 4.96 plus a shipping/custom surcharge of USD 42.50 totalling USD 77.41) There would be 5 additional monthly charges of USD 59.99 if I decided to keep the system (a grand total of USD 377.36 ).

The sales agent assured me of no additional charges.Then I received a call from FEDEX advising me of a charge of CAD 48.25 for customs which brings the total shipping/customs cost to over CAD 100.00. Upon questioning FEDEX about their fee they stated that the value of the product was listed at USD 129. Do the math: you end up paying USD 319.90 (excl. tax + shipping) for the system. I instructed FEDEX to return it to LUMINESS.

The company is not taking responsibility for the misinformation about the extra shipping/customs charges.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: misinformation about total charges.

Luminess Air Cons: Customer service, Misleading the price, Unprofessional staff.

Comments

There seem to be a problem with this luminess business, I just found out that the 30-day trial that I agreed to use, was a fraud, they say 30day-trial only, which is advertised on tv, but the tv assures you that you can order it on line instead of by phone.

So i got on line and ordered the 30-day trial only package for 34.99 not noticing that the online order was not the same as the tv advertising order.

This is lumisiness *** is misleading, which is fraud, they make you feel like the tv advertisment and the online advertisment are the same.

They are not, the tv saids 30-day trial only for 34.99 and the online ad saids, 30-day trial with amount by monthly payments.

The adverstisments are totally unfair and misleading.

LuminessAir
Luminess Air Response
@cianna

Hi There,

We would like to apologize for any confusion there may be regarding the 30 day in home trial offer. The 30 day in home trial offer is 19.95 to try for 30 days , or 29.95 to try the Professional System.

This is in no way a fraud, as we fully disclose Terms and Conditions online, as well as by phone the monthly payments after the 30 day in home trial.

The ad on television simply discloses to try for 30 days for only 19.95. We are always here to answer any questions or concerns you may have, regarding the television offer, if you would like to contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST.

LuminessAir
Luminess Air Response

Hi Frigga,

We definitely would like to apologize that you feel this way. Here at Luminess Air, it is our goal to provide you with detailed information regarding the 30 day in home trial and Terms.

Customers must agree before each order is placed,as all calls are recorded for customer satisfaction and quality assurance. Luminess Air is located inside the United States and unfortunately has no control over customs and fees other countries may charge to receive the product. However, we do disclose in our International Shipping Terms and Conditions, that duties and taxes are subject to customers outside the United States.

We are always here to answer any questions or concerns you may have,if you could please contact us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. Thank you so much for being a valued Luminess Air customer and we look forward to assisting you.