Dundee, Scotland
100% full Not resolved

This complaint has 3 steps:

Step 1. I thought I bought an expensive leather jacket for my daughter who told me about it on the last day of the Labor Day sale. I used my bank debit card and all seemed to go well. Two days later when it didn't arrive, I logged on to Lucky Brand to find it in my cart at full price. I had no documentation, so the sale price couldn't be honored according to a Lucky Brand rep.

Step 2: Reluctantly, since it was a birthday present, I then bought it at full price using the same debit card and was charged for the $500+ purchase. This full-priced transaction went through just fine. It arrived.

Step 3: Two days later and before she had even removed the tags from the full priced jacket, my daughter saw it on sale again through a Facebook link. It did not show up as on sale on the Lucky Brand site. When I talked with customer service, I was told I could not receive a price adjustment because they could not verify a sale price. The rep suggested I buy it at the sale price through the Facebook link and return the full price jacket. I purchased the jacket again, using the same bank debit card, and this time I saved the online receipt which contained all relevant information about the transaction in case the company denied that the purchase had ever happened as in Step 1. The jacket did NOT arrive. When questioned, the company rep said the transaction was cancelled at their end, though she did not know why. I used the same debit card which had a balance the supported the purchase.

At this point, the company has tied up over $800. The return to the store of the full priced jacket with related documentation did not lead to an immediate refund. Instead, the store clerk told me the jacket was would need to be mailed to the main office. Tracking shows it was received two days ago. Still no refund. Also, the money spent for the sale jacket, Step 3 that was cancelled by the company, still shows up as "processing" in my bank account.

I chatted with the company. The rep suggests I buy the jacket again at full price and petition for a partial refund using the receipt information for the cancelled transaction. Let's see, that would mean that the total paid would be over $1,100 dollars. Only a fool would do that given the history.

Lucky Brand needs to honor the sale price, send the jacket and provide a price adjustment that reflects the difference between the full price I paid in Step 2 and the sale price in Step 3.

Review about: Authentic Moto Jacket.

I liked: Quality of the leather.

I didn't like: Will not honor sale price.

2.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Lucky Brand Jacket
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $800
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Lucky Brand?

Comments

After two more attempts to purchase the jacket with no success, I was able to purchase the jacket as a guest rather than logging in and using a different card. The price was higher than the sale price. Lucky Brand later refunded the difference between the purchase price and the sale price.