Lucas Nursery And Landscaping - Poor customer service? How about NO customer service
Last August we hired Lucas Nursery and Landscaping to remove 3 evergreens from our backyard and replace them with new plantings. A design plan was drawn up and the work took place within a few days.
The replacement consisted of planting 15 large arborvitae which Bob Lucas said were premium stock from his company. In September, we called Lucas Nursery and told them 12 shrubs were obviously dying. Bob was not available to speak with us but the woman from the Nursery said we were probably over-watering them. In October, the shrubs were looking worse so we called Lucas Nursery again and spoke to Bob, asking him to come look at the shrubs. He refused to come out, saying we were probably not watering them enough. His told us to just call him in the Spring because the shrubs had a one-year replacement warranty. Although we would be required to pay for labor to plant new shrubs.
Spring came and now all 15 shrubs are dead (see photo). We called Lucas Nursery again, but had to leave a message because no one answered the phone. We explained the situation and asked to have Bob return our call. Not surprisingly, we've received no response. We spent $10,000 on this landscaping project of which the most prominent feature is 15 large dead trees. When our friends and neighbors ask what's with the orange shrubs, we explain what happened and make a point to tell them never to do business with Lucas Nursery and Landscaping.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "I live in Spain & purchaced my 3rd chaisaw 3 years ago after disappointing performance from the previous 2 non Stihl models I owned. I spent quite some time in..."
- "After I hired Scott's/TruGreen Lawn Service for DE-WEEDING, my lawn went from needing a Deweed care to one of the worst looking lawns in my community. I was so upset..."
- "I purchased a 16 week old male A.K.C Yorkshire Terrier from Jan Holstege in AnnArbor MI.on October 15,2010.I was told puppy was 100% healthy, free from all congenital and hereditary..."
- "I bought a Citizen Eco Drive watch from Jomashop.com and returned back the item next day by courier for either exchange or cash refund. They simply said that they can..."
- "I was looking for a couch that would hold up with 2 dogs. My salesman told me leather would definitely be the way to go. I was told..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."