Lucas Nursery And Landscaping - Poor customer service? How about NO customer service
Last August we hired Lucas Nursery and Landscaping to remove 3 evergreens from our backyard and replace them with new plantings. A design plan was drawn up and the work took place within a few days.
The replacement consisted of planting 15 large arborvitae which Bob Lucas said were premium stock from his company. In September, we called Lucas Nursery and told them 12 shrubs were obviously dying. Bob was not available to speak with us but the woman from the Nursery said we were probably over-watering them. In October, the shrubs were looking worse so we called Lucas Nursery again and spoke to Bob, asking him to come look at the shrubs. He refused to come out, saying we were probably not watering them enough. His told us to just call him in the Spring because the shrubs had a one-year replacement warranty. Although we would be required to pay for labor to plant new shrubs.
Spring came and now all 15 shrubs are dead (see photo). We called Lucas Nursery again, but had to leave a message because no one answered the phone. We explained the situation and asked to have Bob return our call. Not surprisingly, we've received no response. We spent $10,000 on this landscaping project of which the most prominent feature is 15 large dead trees. When our friends and neighbors ask what's with the orange shrubs, we explain what happened and make a point to tell them never to do business with Lucas Nursery and Landscaping.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I saw white spots with the fertilizer on the top all over on my brand new driveway few weeks ago. I did not know who did it until 3 days..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "Not happy with True Green Service provided. Our lawn is dying after True Green failed to do what we paid for. We paid to have our lawn maintained..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "I bought a Citizen Eco Drive watch from Jomashop.com and returned back the item next day by courier for either exchange or cash refund. They simply said that they can..."
- "I was looking for a couch that would hold up with 2 dogs. My salesman told me leather would definitely be the way to go. I was told..."
- "I purchased a 16 week old male A.K.C Yorkshire Terrier from Jan Holstege in AnnArbor MI.on October 15,2010.I was told puppy was 100% healthy, free from all congenital and hereditary..."