Lord & Taylor had been my favorite department store since the 1960s until October.After sending the wrong item TWICE, they now say they never received the second return and cannot refund my money.
This is after Ashley in customer service ASSURED me on the phone that the complimentary return postage labels emailed me and USPS pick-up she ordered would be the end of my troubles. She was only half right. The first refund came through weeks after the transaction, but it did come through. The second return -- with THEIR mailing label and THEIR pick-up order -- just evaporated.
(See photograph of copies of both complimentary mailing labels and post office pick-up confirmation.) After unreturned emails (in spite of automated responses assuring me I would get a reply within 48 hours), "There's nothing I can do," Jofenna in customer service told me on the phone today. Well, there's something I can do: I have cut up my Lord & Taylor credit card, posted my displeasure on Facebook and Twitter, and turned over the issue to American Express (because, thankfully, I put both purchases on THAT credit card).
My advice: Find another favorite department store.Lord & Taylor no longer deserves consumers' support or trust.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Anything about customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- " I ordered a dress as a test, (because I wanted to see what kind dress you could get for $13.81) on Aug 5th, because my girlfriend said that she..."
- "Yesterday, I bought a bag at Lord and Taylor Store on Tysons Corner, Virginia. It's J.fold men's bag. After I came home, I found a price tag inside the bag...."
- "I ordered 5 dresses on 2/16/16 and spent $120. They took my money, and I have NO CLOTHES! There is no live chat, and if they get back to you,..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "Bought a new trailer brand new from them and have nothing but issues from date purchased. The management is the worst. Manager told me leaks are not covered under warrantee..."
- "I bought a new radio for my vehicle and it is defective. ALIEXPRESS and the company Jorge Car DVD co, ltd will not support the one year warranty they claim..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I ordered the flowers for my daughters 1st prom from Enchanted Florist's website on 5/19/13 to be delivered on 5/23/13. The corsage was supposed to be item W47-4738/FTD Sweet Sunshine..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."