Lord & Taylor had been my favorite department store since the 1960s until October.After sending the wrong item TWICE, they now say they never received the second return and cannot refund my money.
This is after Ashley in customer service ASSURED me on the phone that the complimentary return postage labels emailed me and USPS pick-up she ordered would be the end of my troubles. She was only half right. The first refund came through weeks after the transaction, but it did come through. The second return -- with THEIR mailing label and THEIR pick-up order -- just evaporated.
(See photograph of copies of both complimentary mailing labels and post office pick-up confirmation.) After unreturned emails (in spite of automated responses assuring me I would get a reply within 48 hours), "There's nothing I can do," Jofenna in customer service told me on the phone today. Well, there's something I can do: I have cut up my Lord & Taylor credit card, posted my displeasure on Facebook and Twitter, and turned over the issue to American Express (because, thankfully, I put both purchases on THAT credit card).
My advice: Find another favorite department store.Lord & Taylor no longer deserves consumers' support or trust.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Anything about customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a prom gown for my daughter. I thought it would be great to go with their custom alterations. When I got the dress it was uneven...."
- "I took in five huge bags of name brand in style clothes the guy (Seth) didn't completely look through them a few items had spots I understood that, but while..."
- "MART OF CHINA IS THE WORST WEBSITE DEALT WITH ONLINE. Cheap products, nothing like the pictures or description I ordered 8 dresses together and I wish I didn't waste..."
- "I ordered the flowers for my daughters 1st prom from Enchanted Florist's website on 5/19/13 to be delivered on 5/23/13. The corsage was supposed to be item W47-4738/FTD Sweet Sunshine..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."