Lord & Taylor had been my favorite department store since the 1960s until October.After sending the wrong item TWICE, they now say they never received the second return and cannot refund my money.
This is after Ashley in customer service ASSURED me on the phone that the complimentary return postage labels emailed me and USPS pick-up she ordered would be the end of my troubles. She was only half right. The first refund came through weeks after the transaction, but it did come through. The second return -- with THEIR mailing label and THEIR pick-up order -- just evaporated.
(See photograph of copies of both complimentary mailing labels and post office pick-up confirmation.) After unreturned emails (in spite of automated responses assuring me I would get a reply within 48 hours), "There's nothing I can do," Jofenna in customer service told me on the phone today. Well, there's something I can do: I have cut up my Lord & Taylor credit card, posted my displeasure on Facebook and Twitter, and turned over the issue to American Express (because, thankfully, I put both purchases on THAT credit card).
My advice: Find another favorite department store.Lord & Taylor no longer deserves consumers' support or trust.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Anything about customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I ordered 5 dresses on 2/16/16 and spent $120. They took my money, and I have NO CLOTHES! There is no live chat, and if they get back to you,..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "Fasionmia.com amazing! you can trust. they sale all type of fashion dress. and very reasonable prices, Some Item is very cheap ,you can not believe. First time i ordered clothes..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "Got E-mail for FREE SHIPPING and 25% off all merchandise. That is a total and complete lie. They give nothing off on AS SEEN ON TV ITEMS. The web-site does..."
- "And here are the large fries that she got after going back......"
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."