Customer Service Inadequate, Lord and Taylor Does Not Stand Behind Their Merchandise!
Purchased a gown for my daughter's wedding and within an hour of donning the dress, the photographer pointed out the fact that a rhinestone had fallen out along the front neckline & was evident in the family photos he had taken. Luckily I had a matching jacket that would just cover the missing stone, but that also meant I needed to keep the jacket on during an 80 degree mid-June event! Called customer service to inquire about a price adjustment, since I HAD worn the dress & didn't feel it would be fair to ask for a total refund.
Representative questioned if the dress came with extra stones & I explained that it did not as the stones were on a strip that was sewn into the neckline, not single stones.
Bottom line is I was offered 20% adjustment to put towards a repair, which is woefully inadequate. I'd love to ask a seamstress to open the neckline, remove strip of stones & replace for $30!
As it stands now, the dress is not wearable. I will be pursuing this further.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Alex Evenings Gown
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a prom gown for my daughter. I thought it would be great to go with their custom alterations. When I got the dress it was uneven...."
- "The Blair VIP Plus program is a complete scam. I have been charged twice on my card for a charge of $14.95 for the VIP Plus program that promised to..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "While getting ready for work, i had the instyler heating up. All of a sudden a loud bang and a flash, and thank god it tripped the circuit and..."
- "Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island...."
- "The "10 year warranty" is a load of BS. After a month, the seam in my pillow opened up and the fill started to spill out. I called the company..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."