Customer Service Inadequate, Lord and Taylor Does Not Stand Behind Their Merchandise!
Purchased a gown for my daughter's wedding and within an hour of donning the dress, the photographer pointed out the fact that a rhinestone had fallen out along the front neckline & was evident in the family photos he had taken. Luckily I had a matching jacket that would just cover the missing stone, but that also meant I needed to keep the jacket on during an 80 degree mid-June event! Called customer service to inquire about a price adjustment, since I HAD worn the dress & didn't feel it would be fair to ask for a total refund.
Representative questioned if the dress came with extra stones & I explained that it did not as the stones were on a strip that was sewn into the neckline, not single stones.
Bottom line is I was offered 20% adjustment to put towards a repair, which is woefully inadequate. I'd love to ask a seamstress to open the neckline, remove strip of stones & replace for $30!
As it stands now, the dress is not wearable. I will be pursuing this further.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Alex Evenings Gown
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I ordered and paid for a dress from Modlily. I expected a silky/satin well made champagne coloured dress (see first photo). What actually arrived was a rough see through..."
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "I bought a dress from this company and received it on Wednesday (11/5/14) as soon as I opened the package and held it up, I knew something was wrong. ..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I have a shop on Etsy; rather, had. I've been suspended, twice. In the announcement, it read: "Please check email for a message explaining why, and how to restore account...."
- "I purchased the Wolfgang Puck Bistro Set. I had this set for about fifteen years. Today was making a fried egg for my 3 year old and as I lifted..."
- "Hi, I am reporting from the New York Market. I've started with ACN on Dec 11, 2015 with an open-mind. I'd like to share my testimonial with everyone..."