Rochester, New York

I purchased a Log Home Kit from Affordable Log Home Concepts in August of 2008. A Contract was agreed upon and signed between myself and Stacey Gaylord in the amount of $96,353.21.

He was paid by 4 different payments - $2635.00 , $7658.84, $38704.96 and $47,354.41. All prior to the delivery of my materials.

On October 1, 2008, Stacey came from North Carolina to Hilton, NY with the Logs and partial loads of lumber for my home. He had explained and we had agreed that the building lumber would be made in numerous deliveries from a local lumber yard as they were needed.

Things were going along ok, the builders built the first floor cap over the basement, all materials were received. They stacked the logs, all items were received. They built the second floor cap over the logs, all materials were received. When my builder started building the roof, we came up 22 rafters short. I spoke with Stacey about it and he claimed his "program" counted wrong. He sent the rafters. They went on to start the exterior walls and the entire back wall, 54 feet, we did not have 2x6's to build the wall. Again, Stacey sent them after he argued with me about them. Stating that his "program" counted them wrong. When my builder started to build the front porch, we had no joists to build the roof, nor did we have the correct posts. 6 Carry posts and a beam for the front porch - he sent pressure treated materials for this. My beautiful white pine cabin and he sent green pressure treated lumber for the porch. NOT what it was supposed to be. We spoke about this and that was the last conversation we had. November 15, 2008. My husband and I had to purchase the rafters for the porch as Stacey did not send them...cost out of our pocket.

He had promised that he ordered the windows and doors and that they would be delivered. I called him, no response. I never received a call back to my questions on the windows and doors. My builder and I sat down, went through the lumber we had on site and through the Blue Prints that were purchased from Stacey Gaylord. We made a list of all the missing materials. Over $30,000 worth of items missing. Windows/Doors ($12647.61 we had to pay out of pocket because he did not order), Half Log Staircase with Railings ($5,700), Railings to match staircase that go across my loft area, Tongue and Groove (3000 sq.ft - $3,500), Decorator Beams ($6,500), Double Plate Ties for Rafters in Roof ($19.00) dimensional lumber for the interior walls, white pine fascia boards for exterior trim (80 lineal ft), soffit framing & venting, trim for the exterior, decking for the front porch (5 pieces - $48.96), ice and water shield and vapor barrier for the roofing ($187.50), Ridge Vents (6'4" - $64.80), LVL Beams - lumber to wrap them (Dimensional Lumber & Delivery Lump Sum - $2500.00. All items here are included in the contract.

Stacey Gaylord will not return my calls. For a short period of time I had spoken with my Attorney. Stacey claimed he would get a price together and discuss it with my Attorney, he never did....month after month after month he kept putting it off. I have called and left messages, I have emailed. No return emails and no return phone calls.

I went to the BBB, the case was closed because Stacey claimed we were in a legal suit, which we were not, and that he was unable to work with me.

I have asked and asked for my items to be sent. Nothing in response for over 1 year and 6 months.

I only want what I have paid for and what is in our contract. It is paid in full and I have had to put money out again to pay for everything that Stacey did not send.

We do not live in the Cabin, I can't get a Certificate of Occupancy due to the fact that I can't purchase the materials and finish the remainder of the projects. Our savings has been exhausted and there is nothing more we can do.

Review about: Log Home.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $37
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Log Home Concepts?

Comments

newsie123
#209836

**i work for the local media. trying to gather information on a possible story on log home concepts. email me at tnewsie123@gmail.com**

Also ***ed
#194584

Howdy mam, I have also been ripped off by mr Gaylord.about 30000 worth.

contractors calling me telling me they havent been paid.I feel your pain.

#152018

Just a short update.Still no response from Affordable Log Homes, dba Log Homes Direct and a bunch of other names.

They/he won't answer the phone, emails, nothing.We are still not living in the cabin...won't be, it might end up in foreclosure first.

Never Trust Anybody!!!

Hi evangeline nyc,

Reason we are not in court is I am in NY and he is in NC. We don't have the money for Legal Representation. The money we had in savings was put into windows and doors to at least seal up the structure and also for building materials (that were shorted by this company) to keep the project going to the point the windows could go in.

Even if I were to sue him, he has nothing in his name and the best I can hope for is a Judgment against him...which in this case is useless. So, $5-10k after I go to court, I would still not see restitution.

He has made sure that nothing is in his name, all of his belongings are in someone elses name. I can't get blood from a stone.

We have a contract and we paid in full. As right as it sounds that we should have everything or sue him and the courts should say "Yes Shari, you are right, Affordable Log Homes...give them the items they paid for", it doesn't happen that way. If I am found in the right, as I said, I get a piece of paper that says I can get the money IF he ever has it....which he doesn't.

NEVER, EVER pay for anything this large in FULL...NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE WORKING WITH. Hold the final payment in Escrow with your Lawyer until you have all of your merchandise. No matter how nice or trusting the person you are purchasing from sounds.

Trust me, been there, done that, thought a contract would have to be upheld if signed by both parties and all money had...

evangeline nyc

im so sorry to hear what has happened but i must ask why arent you guys in court with this ripp off company :? :? :roll

Lisa,

I sit here in tears :cry as I see that someone actually cared enough to respond to our complaint. In the 1 and a half years we have been dealing with this issue, noone has ever reached out to help us.

I would love to discuss the staircase and railings in more detail with you.

email or should I just contact you through the website?

Shari

Lisa with Logstairways.com

So sorry to hear of your bad experience

If you are still in need of a log staircase and railings, we would be happy to help you. We build custom log stairways and railings.

Best of luck, Lisa