Log Home Concepts - Log Cabin RIP OFF!!!
I purchased a Log Home Kit from Affordable Log Home Concepts in August of 2008. A Contract was agreed upon and signed between myself and Stacey Gaylord in the amount of $96,353.21.
He was paid by 4 different payments - $2635.00 , $7658.84, $38704.96 and $47,354.41. All prior to the delivery of my materials.
On October 1, 2008, Stacey came from North Carolina to Hilton, NY with the Logs and partial loads of lumber for my home. He had explained and we had agreed that the building lumber would be made in numerous deliveries from a local lumber yard as they were needed.
Things were going along ok, the builders built the first floor cap over the basement, all materials were received. They stacked the logs, all items were received. They built the second floor cap over the logs, all materials were received. When my builder started building the roof, we came up 22 rafters short. I spoke with Stacey about it and he claimed his "program" counted wrong. He sent the rafters. They went on to start the exterior walls and the entire back wall, 54 feet, we did not have 2x6's to build the wall. Again, Stacey sent them after he argued with me about them. Stating that his "program" counted them wrong. When my builder started to build the front porch, we had no joists to build the roof, nor did we have the correct posts. 6 Carry posts and a beam for the front porch - he sent pressure treated materials for this. My beautiful white pine cabin and he sent green pressure treated lumber for the porch. NOT what it was supposed to be. We spoke about this and that was the last conversation we had. November 15, 2008. My husband and I had to purchase the rafters for the porch as Stacey did not send them...cost out of our pocket.
He had promised that he ordered the windows and doors and that they would be delivered. I called him, no response. I never received a call back to my questions on the windows and doors. My builder and I sat down, went through the lumber we had on site and through the Blue Prints that were purchased from Stacey Gaylord. We made a list of all the missing materials. Over $30,000 worth of items missing. Windows/Doors ($12647.61 we had to pay out of pocket because he did not order), Half Log Staircase with Railings ($5,700), Railings to match staircase that go across my loft area, Tongue and Groove (3000 sq.ft - $3,500), Decorator Beams ($6,500), Double Plate Ties for Rafters in Roof ($19.00) dimensional lumber for the interior walls, white pine fascia boards for exterior trim (80 lineal ft), soffit framing & venting, trim for the exterior, decking for the front porch (5 pieces - $48.96), ice and water shield and vapor barrier for the roofing ($187.50), Ridge Vents (6'4" - $64.80), LVL Beams - lumber to wrap them (Dimensional Lumber & Delivery Lump Sum - $2500.00. All items here are included in the contract.
Stacey Gaylord will not return my calls. For a short period of time I had spoken with my Attorney. Stacey claimed he would get a price together and discuss it with my Attorney, he never did....month after month after month he kept putting it off. I have called and left messages, I have emailed. No return emails and no return phone calls.
I went to the BBB, the case was closed because Stacey claimed we were in a legal suit, which we were not, and that he was unable to work with me.
I have asked and asked for my items to be sent. Nothing in response for over 1 year and 6 months.
I only want what I have paid for and what is in our contract. It is paid in full and I have had to put money out again to pay for everything that Stacey did not send.
We do not live in the Cabin, I can't get a Certificate of Occupancy due to the fact that I can't purchase the materials and finish the remainder of the projects. Our savings has been exhausted and there is nothing more we can do.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Log Home
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "The paint is peeling, in huge sheets, from my Windstar Van. I have seen other Windstar Vans with this same problem. The paint is coming off in sheets from..."
- "Square forced me into closing my business, held thousands and never returned the money to my customers or my business. Eventually I was charged with theft, lost my career of..."
- "Last year my 23 month old Frigidaire smoothtop range cracked over the front left burner. After not getting any satisfaction from the Frigidaire customer service line, I went back the..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."