Lkq Corporation - LkQ SUCKS

21 of 127 Lkq Corporation reviews

I don't really know how to start this review because this situation is the WORST decision I have made in my life.I am a female who does not know a lot about cars, but how to drive them.

When my 2008 dodge Nitro's engine blew. I did not know what to do. But I was told by my mechanic that I need a new engine. So I called LKQ the WORST mistake of my life.(and I have made a lot of mistakes).

When I called them I asked them about there warranty before I purchased the engine. They told me they have a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty. Anyways I bought the engine, which went a WHOLE 31 MILES BEFORE IT BLEW. So I call them and they say I need to place a warranty claim.

Which I did and they are going to replace my engine (THANKS) but will not replace they amount I paid in labor. I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD HAVE PICKED A MECHANIC I COULD AFFORD. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO PAY TWICE BECAUSE THERE ENGINE WAS A PIECE OF ***. On top of all that they put on my invoice that I declined warranty labor.

So when I asked them about that they said they don't offer that.(BUT CAN PUT THAT ON MY INVOICE ANYWAYS).

BUYER BEWARE THIS COMPANY WILL NOT STAND BY THERE PRODUCT ENOUGH TO REPLACE THE FULL AMOUNT YOU PAID AND WILL BE ONE OF THE WORST DECISION YOU COULD MAKE.DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Fact they cant stand behind their product used or not

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
pay for the labor on the warranty engine. I PAID THE FIRST TIME AND EXCEPTED YOU TO SELL A PRODUCT HTAT WENT MORE THEN 31 MILES FOR $3900 INCLUDING LABOR.
Monetary loss:
$1900
Product or service
Review category
Equipment
review #887149

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lkq Corporation? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
21 of 127 Lkq Corporation reviews
parts guy

Jan 11 #1269463 Denver, Colorado, United States

LKQ only offers a 6 month, six thousand mile warranty to retail customers. If you read the back of your invoice, it clearly states this along with the policy about no labor warranties to retail. Had you been a shop, they only pay $50 an hour and only cover book time. This is the same payout as any competitor that offers labor. Aside from that, you are purchasing a used engine. There is no salvage on this planet that can guarantee every part will be 100% functional, which is why LKQ provides the 6 month warranty for free vs a 90 or 30 day like other used parts providers.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lkq Corporation.
Filing a new complaint about
×