Liners Direct - Terrible Install

3 of 4 Liners Direct reviews

Decent product, horrible installation. The salesman promised way more than was actually delivered.

Bought this product in 2008. It's held up decent so far (2014) but everytime I see the tub, I'm reminded of what I had and how this isn't what I wanted. Here's what went wrong.

1) The shower curtain bar was too short by 3 inches...so much for perfect measurements. They had to run to the store for a longer one.

2) The corner shelf-tower was installed in the wrong corner. They did install an extra tower in the corner so no real issues other than incompetence.

3) The towel bar was too close to the inner wall and had to be moved for the extra tower. A problem b/c it's plastic and you can't just fill the hole left. Fortunately

4) The install took two days....not really a problem but I was told one and that's what I expected.

5) The caulk had to be redone within 6 months.

6) The caulk needs to be redone again. I can see it's pulling away from the floor.

7) The plastic tub is not what I was looking for. I liked the design of the old tub and was told this product would match perfectly. It doesn't.

8) The thing that bugs me most is the mold that is growing on the corner and the edge. the main reason I wanted the old bath gone! Cleaning doesn't help....I've tried.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 178 Yes 178 37 No 37
Had the same issue 112 Yes 112
3 of 4 Liners Direct reviews

Mar 05, 2016 #1122420

I love mine. Sounds like you bought a good product but was probably installed by poor sub contractors.

1 0 Reply

Feb 08, 2016 #1108476

Thank you for your review. I was excited to come across the infomercial but wanted to check reviews...good thing I did. :)

0 1 Reply

Jul 04, 2015 #1003569

Why are they still in business?

1 1 Reply

Jun 30, 2015 #1001640

Thank you for saving me some money.Im sorry this happen to you. I'll stick to the cleaning.

0 1 Reply
Ricochet-Rabbit

Jun 06, 2014 #824698

If mold keeps reappearing at an edge, I'd be very concerned over what may be lurking underneath those "cover up" liners.

14 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.