15.5K views
1.2

I signed up to sell Limelight by Alcone. I was successful making sells and gaining customers.

Just 30 days into signing up the backorders started. My customers and myself had to wait months to get the products. I waited 3 months to get a black eyeliner pen. Customer service was rude and they never followed through with fixing any wrongs.

Then all the foundations were on backorder. Instead of fixing these issues they continued to launch new products and change packaging. Then the freeze for any new Guides because they where sinking fast. The founders kept posting videos on how out of control they knew all these issues with back orders and customer service were.

It was too late in my opinion. The products were good. A little pricy for my taste, but you can't sell something that isn't available to buy. My customers lost faith in the company.

I have 2 former customers to this day that never received items nor did they ever get a refund from the company. Then 3 months after I left my Enroller began bullying me for openly telling other people about my experience. No matter how good their products were the company is a complete disaster. The women that are actually making a decent income bully and lie to their teams to keep their numbers up.

Limelight has scammed so much money from reps and customers by not sending anything after making a purchase they should be investigated and shut down entirely! Limelight was the worst and most corrupt Direct Sales Company I have ever worked for.

Stay clear of this company at all costs. Hopefully they will be forced to stop doing direct sales.

Comments

Hi, I also had similar issues :( And this was last year. Things were backordered and I was never told this because apparently THIS GOES FOR ITEMS IN THE KIT TOO.

I'm medium toned, and I received the DARK kit. When I called care, after being on hold for almost an hour, the guy...gawd, what was his name. Patrick? Was so snooty, rude, curt and snarky all rolled up in his delightful righteousness told me, they do not replace kit items.

I'm not a black person. He said, just order the colors for you. I said, how, they are backordered? He literally SIGHED on the phone and said, there's nothing I can do.

Silence. I hung up.I send in my immediate termination via email not even a month in. I was immediately booted from this upline, that keeps bragging about her business. Her name starts with an "L." She never reached out, never asked how I could help, nothing.

Just kicked me out. I wasn't making money for her greedy butt, so I guess I never mattered. All she does is flaunt and brag about how much money she makes but only favors the ones that make her the most money and sells the most, recruits the most. What a joke.Too bad, the products are pretty decent.

Upline is the horror you hear about on blogs now. She is the PRIME example of one. And guess what? Her makeup technique is so horrible anyways!

But she's making her $$$, that's all that matters. She brags and brags about how she left Younique for this opportunity, however, it's very obvious that her self-centered self hasn't changed!

@In the Bad Limelight

She only hit Black Status with Younique once so it's not like she was one of the real top leaders at Younique because she wasn't. I read straight through her and Limelight Ceo's and Leaders.

They try and control all their Beauty Guides by manipulating their minds. They actually believe celebrities use their makeup when the fact is some have actually done makeup for celebrities but didn't use Limelight by Alcones makeup. The Alcone store provides makeup to production companies for theatrical makeup not everyday makeup. Someone is going to sue them sooner or later.

Kinda remind me of a Cult or Scientology group the way they manipulate their minds. Their focus in training is how to control someones thought process. They make up excuses for anything that happens. L has been making up excuses for her bad skin and why their products don't work for her since she been there.

She constantly lie on her lives and even posts. Her older son obviously doesn't live with her and she pretends he does. The 2 other founding Beauty Guide Leaders don't even work. They don't even know how to be leaders and bounce off of L and C for ideas.

And don't let me start on the cooperate dude who wants to be an inspirational Speaker so bad. Really all yo have to do is go through his timeline and you know he's out of his league. He was good managing the store applying makeup. I remember some of his first lives he was mimicking L's lives so bad it was ridiculous.

The whole leadership over there is FAKE! L and C can't stand one another. They are constantly in competition against each other and their leaders on their teams. Both of them want to be like A from the Y company.

Their beauty guides constantly report each other to compliance because of jealousy. I say both of you did good getting out while yo could. I'm a person who doesn't do DS but thought about it and did my research before I did and quickly changed my mind.

No wonder you hardly hear any of them saying do you research. It's a big MESS!!

@Anonymous

Nope BG report things that are against policy bc we are a professional brand so when people choose to not follow policies and procedures and try to make the rest of use look unprofessional you may get reported to complainace.

Exactly.

@Anonymous

It amazes me with all the complaints against LC & CK that they keep them around. Yes they are top executives but with all the bullying & mean girl talk going on they are actually losing beauty guides.

And yes, the bragging about how much money they make & taking pics of their big new homes, new cars is really a turn off. I don't ever see other top leaders in other companies doing that. Sometimes being humble is better. One lady who was an executive leader quit last spring because they bullied her.

It didn't end there as she was professional & kept her business to herself w/o involving others. LC & CK kept going after her. In fact LC wrote a very damaging letter to the CEO of her full time job complaining about her. She was fired from that full time job, which she also lived in TX & was affected by the storm.

Her family had to move out of the home they were in & start over somewhere else. I think she did find another job, but she's not doing direct sales anymore.

Can't blame her. She should have seeked legal action for what was done to her, & for no reason but maliciousness!

@Anonymous

I hate that that happened. I have to tell you, though....the makeup IS used by makeup artists.

That is why I signed up. I WAS a makeup artist before I signed up. The reason why it LOOKS like it isn't the same stuff is because they license out the product and change the name.Now they are manufacturing additional products, but the Foundation has actually been used from Hollywood to weddings to news anchors for decades. I think they had to remove a couple of the companies who were not keeping up with the output, but the concealer and setting spray are also pro.

Most of the other products are very comparable to the pro products already in my kit.I was even at a MUA masterclass last year with top industry artists, many of them from Hollywood, vogue, etc. that have to work with 4k cameras ( which shows everything now). Almost everyone there had the foundation in their kit under the original name or Limelight and one of them even mentioned Must Dew (the facial oil) as one of his favorite skin prep items. He doesn't sell it or have any reason to promote it.Still, I just hate how terribly their first 2 years went.

I can't imagine being in their shoes with all the fires they had to put out.

I hope it makes you feel better that the top leaders that I follow have actually chastised us for acting that way and try to be clear how poor behavior that is. I really believe that most of them are trying to grow and move forward.

@Anonymous

I was a previous yellow Younique presenter and left for LimeLife By Alcone. The paragraphs I'm ready concern me greatly.

I've only been with L for two weeks and promoted to BG. The CK that is being mentioned is this Chelsie by any chance? I'm not directly under her. I was brought in by someone who's leader is CK if that is the person I'm thinking of.

I noticed a difference in both makeup and skin care lines. I have nothing negative to say because I am so new. But did I make a mistake in leaving Younique for the L? When I ask questions in other places I never get answers.

I'd like to know if I made a mistake. Thank you for any help you can give me.

@Anonymous

You describe the leadership and Beauty Guides to a T. They don't push things they buy in grocery stores like they push Limelight because there's no money in it for them is why.

HealthyOctopus874
@Anonymous

You’re such a joke I’d be embarrassed if I was you. Acting like a beauty product company is a cult is just I’m mean hilarious.

@In the Bad Limelight

This is such complete craziness Yes it is so terrrible that your products are so amazing that they sell out we sould a years supply of foundation in 3 months bc we grew so fast.. the person your speaking of rarely even talks about Younique and when she does she absolutely never bashes them she says she was grateful to have that as her starter company.

The only people that I know that are made are the inpatient ones that think a business is a Lottery ticket It's work when you don't work you don't last. I had my biggest s sales months during the backorders why??? bc I told my clients up front it was sold out The CeOs are so transparent and customer serivice are amazing. But I am actually glad we had the big backorders situation bc it was a quick way to *** out the ones that weren't serious about their business or that will always play the Victim card.

Excuses are the quick way to failure. I made my customers samples of foundation to get them through till backorders were back. So the only customer service that sounds terrible was yours to your own customers. Things happen out of stock etc but no one that ever made it to the top was dropped there by so pillow cloud.

Look inwardly before blaming all your problems on 1 person or customer service get over it suck it up or you will never be happy or successful.

Good luck with your future indevors. Try changing your mindset and take time for personal development and professional training which we have so much of it's insane.

Endeavours?

Hooks08
@truth and Honest real talk

Truth..The average Beauty Guide makes $750 a year.

"Look inwardly before blaming all your problems on 1 person or customer service.

Get over it suck it up or you will never be happy or successful."....

You don't want all that professional training to go to waste. Make sure to buy yourself something nice with all that money.

@Hooks08

These Limelight 'Beauty Guides' are the pushiest, most obnoxious group of people I've ever met, and I have bought lots of stuff from MLM companies. I'm embarrassed for them and their desperation to sell, sell, sell.

Limelight doesn't offer anything special. You can get the same or better at many other places.

@In the Bad Limelight

Those 'L' names seem to be the most ruthless ones. I considered selling for one but opted out after hearing stories from coworkers about their group.

So sorry she made you feel like you weren't valued.

Unfortunately many are all about the money and flaunt what they make in hopes of luring more into the scam. The Lord says not to boast...

@In the Bad Limelight

The person you are referring to....If it's the same person I think you're talking about I think she was "bought out" by another company now anyway. I was pissed when I saw that.

So inauthentic! She was not very good at makeup for a pro company and mysteriously changed companies after being featured on ABC for how well she was doing.I think that guy is still with the company, the customer service guy. There literally was nothing they could do. I can only imagine you being the 100th person that hour that he had the same conversation with.

That is part of the reason I waited to join until later.When a company blows up from 2 people to 10,000+ in a little over a year you're bound to have set backs. No one goes in to business thinking they will be serving over a 4 million people in less than 3 years. It really sucks about what happened. Looking at the facts now it all makes sense, though.

Basically they licensed other products ( pro products) who had only been manufacturing enough for their current customer base, which was makeup artists. Actual makeup artists. Now everyone and their dog is an MUA and they all go to YouTube for their product recommendations. But this stuff was for actual working MUAs that couldn't deal with poor performing product.

My understanding was that it was specifically the foundation that was holding them back the most. I've looked into that company extensively. They have a very high testing procedure to ensure that the color is exact so it does go a little bit slow. They simply were not ready for the contract they signed with Limelight.

It was VERY unfortunate, but it wasn't about being shady on the CEOs behalf.I'm being 100% honest when I say that I have yet to have a bad experience with this company. I am not asking you to change your opinion or trying to make excuses.

I am presenting another point of view using the same facts. What happened to you would have pissed me off, too.

#1620952

Agreed

I get your unhappiness I do. I signed up to sell too and was disappointed that so much went wrong shortly there after.

BUT I'm glad I stuck around because things are getting better...WAY better. As for being bullied that is flat out wrong and shouldn't be a bad reflection on the company itself or their products, but those who were doing the bullying.

My experience with customer service has always been excellent, even during the time they were having so much problems. The company is new and working out the kinks is to be expected.