10.6K views
1.2
Turnaround Time

I signed up to sell Limelight by Alcone. I was successful making sells and gaining customers.

Just 30 days into signing up the backorders started. My customers and myself had to wait months to get the products. I waited 3 months to get a black eyeliner pen. Customer service was rude and they never followed through with fixing any wrongs.

Then all the foundations were on backorder. Instead of fixing these issues they continued to launch new products and change packaging. Then the freeze for any new Guides because they where sinking fast. The founders kept posting videos on how out of control they knew all these issues with back orders and customer service were.

It was too late in my opinion. The products were good. A little pricy for my taste, but you can't sell something that isn't available to buy. My customers lost faith in the company.

I have 2 former customers to this day that never received items nor did they ever get a refund from the company. Then 3 months after I left my Enroller began bullying me for openly telling other people about my experience. No matter how good their products were the company is a complete disaster. The women that are actually making a decent income bully and lie to their teams to keep their numbers up.

Limelight has scammed so much money from reps and customers by not sending anything after making a purchase they should be investigated and shut down entirely! Limelight was the worst and most corrupt Direct Sales Company I have ever worked for.

Stay clear of this company at all costs. Hopefully they will be forced to stop doing direct sales.

Comments

Thats so STRANGE. I have ordered Lymelifelimelight products since they opened.

I have never had them refuse me a refund in fact one time I was over the 30 days for a return I told them what happened and why and they were extremely nice and made an exception for me that one time.

I loved all of the products. All of the products I’ve gotten have better ingredients than so many make up products on the market they all perform very well I’ve never been pressured into buying anything

I joined LimeLight (now LimeLife) in September of 2017. I have seen absolutely none of what Hooks08 is describing.

I have been so impressed with the integrity of this company and how they are committed to their reps and customers. They have absolutely awesome customer service. The only times there were Out Of Stock for any length of time was when they were rebranding. They do not even do backorders when people order.

They go out of their way to make things right if a mistake is made, etc. It is NOT A SCAM. There is no way to lost money with this company unless you just do something that's not very smart such as ordering a lot of product up front. They highly discourage that.

They also discourage salesy and spammy tactics. I have learned so much from all of the phenomenal trainings that are absolutely free.

Also, it has given me confidence that I lacked which is the best part of being involved. The comment that the company is corrupt is amost comical as this can not be further from the truth.

I have noticed, and it's always through these sort of rants, that the people that don't belong at Limelife, that SHOULDN'T be at Limelife, that don't measure up to the standards & integrity of the company....weed themselves out. Unfortunately, this sort of vindictiveness and blame game is simply a way to justify to themselves and others why they weren't successful and they're now back to square one.

With everything that a BG is given to be successful with their business from the company, there is only one reason why they weren't! They didn't do what they were supposed to! End of story! Had they listened & IMPLEMENTED all the thousands of tips, suggestions and trainings the right way, they wouldn't be here or ANYWHERE saying all these ridiculous comments!

I've never heard so much complaining, and whining, and excuses, and lies, and uninformed comments in my life, as I have from women that failed to be successful, and trying to justify it! OF COURSE YOU WEREN'T! Listen to you! Had you done what you should have, and kept working instead of giving up, you would've gotten the Personal Development that Limelife encourages & offers, and would've done it!

How many more of these rants are out there that you've done about other companies, since you left Limelife?! Anyway...it's too bad that you didn't put in the work and do what you should have, but since YOU CHOSE not to, I'm glad you left!

It's not where you belong. Good luck!

to A Girl that DOES #1675003

What standard? The pyramid scheming, social media clogging job for people who don't want to actually work?

to A Girl that DOES #1675994

Great Company and Makeup. I have had NONE Of the issues described in this (above) rant

The L and C she is referring to are still with LL. I don't know who you're referring to, but it's definitely not L or C.

I don't know of anyone in customer service named Patrick, although it's not like the early days when there were only a couple people fielding customer service calls from customers AND reps. I joined during the BOOM in November of 2015. I've weathered all the bumps there have been since that time and I'm still here. Why?

Because this company is AMAZING! The products are amazing, the leaders are amazing, our training is amazing and Corporate is absolutely incredible! I know we have something amazing here and I can patiently wait out all the bumps. I've never had an issue with customer service.

They've ALWAYS been very patient, kind and helpful, even when they knew I was frustrated. The backorder issues were all directly related to the small, family manufacturing companies not being able to keep up with our demand. The foundations were handpoured and they literally didn't have the manpower to keep up with us. In fact, while were having growing pains, so were our manufacturers.

We were all scrambling to hire and train new personnel to keep up with the growth. I am a former Younique rep and was actually directly under A in the company. I can tell you without a doubt that the leadership in this company is incredible and I have never once regretted leaving them for LL. Corporate is as transparent and forthcoming as is rumored.

I've never once felt they were keeping things from us, as was common practice at Younique. I weathered the change in the 3D mascara and I know the truth about why it changed. So, when I say that LL is different and transparent, I absolutely mean it or I wouldn't still be here three years later. I am and have ALWAYS been proud to be a Beauty Guide for LimeLife by Alcone.

I'm also proud to say that I see the potential of this company, and I can be patient while we have growing pains. The cream rises to the top!

to Kim #1626664

“L” is Lindsay Colombe and “C” is Christina Hernandez. They despise on another.

Lindsay writes evil Letters to whomever is a high leader out of jealousy, when she loses them on ger team to a competing company. She gets people pay cuts and gets herself a raise. I am a firm beleiver that Lindsay is now a shareholder in Limelife ny Alcone. I was just a peeon but I have eyes.

I would not recommend LImelife to anyone EVER AGAIN.

All it is,!is some essential oils mixed in a bowl and told that its a miracle skin potion. The makeup is good but more colors would’ve been great.

Limelight now LimeLife by Alcone is a pyramid scheme. Top leaders take your teams and get jealous when you begin to succeed, beauty guides report one another constantly and get each other fired or suspended.

Leaders use marketing ads and deny it.

Products are okay, not the best in the market. Don’t recommend working for this company, unless you have a lot of money to invest and beg people to buy your products.

to Jenna #1613651

Why are women so desperate like crabs climbing out of a bucket? They just believe any BS thrown at them especially those depressed women out there. So gullible.

They are different. These are growing pains par for the course with a rebrand and global expansion.

The rebrand, new packaging, and reformulation of some product was a requirement of global expansion. There was no alternative. I’ve not lost any clients, but that’s in large part because I communicate well with them, keep popular product on hand in the event of a back order situation, and help them find alternatives in the meantime.

Never had a problem with customer service or unfulfilled requests in the year and a half I’ve been with the company. My leaders are great!

I am finding it very discouraging that almost a year later there is still a backorder, or out of stock issue. I think if you are growing so fast you can’t keep stock, slow the growth to build a strong reliable foundation for the company and the BG’s.

Hard to sell what is not available and the available date keeps getting pushed back at the last minute.Guess it’s time to sit and watch what happens before promoting product that won’t/can’t be delivered. Sad I had high hopes for this company, thought they were different

With respect, the company was not even 2 years old at the time and went from a 2 person operation to an almost overnight blow up almost immediately. It takes a second to adjust.Regarding product quality, it is literally professional makeup.

That is not a lie. As a makeup artist, I was already using the foundation and about to purchase that same concealer for my kit when I discovered Limelight. It is exactly the same products. They are quality products and are not made of poor ingredients as one commenter replied below.

How can you say that a product that has served professionals for over 60 years is low quality. Pros have to rely on the products, they don't have time to mess with unreliable or inconsistent tools.I decided to sign up with Limelight in Oct 2017 and have not had a single back order yet. I do remember the CEOs doing several FB lives talking about talking to the companies they were working with about adjusting their output. After signing up to work with Limelight they were no longer only serving professional, but now consumers.

That 10xed the amount of orders they were getting in a little over a year.I understand the frustration, but we also have to be realistic. The physical world gives us limitations.

The only folks making money in multi level marketing are those who started on the 'bottom' of the pyramid! The prices for cheap manufactured products that contain harmful to humans and the environment ingredients is shameful!

Their marketing costs more than the products ingredients! What you put on your body should be as clean and safe as what you eat!

to Wildflower #1447657

#Truth

to Wildflower #1449893

This is an unfortunate misconception. The products are literally pro products. And the ingredients are not low quality at all.

to Makeup Artist #1488648

Pro means nothing when you’re talking about the health of ingredients. Know how many pros have hormonal disruptions probably due in part to the crap they put on their faces?

Do toxic products work? He’ll yeah they do but at what monetary, health, and environmental costs?

to LadyBug #1607962

You abviously have not researched the ingredients of the products. They created their skin care with the intent of making it safe.

A friend of the CEO had breast cancer and that was what inspired them to make sure they used natural and safe ingredients in the skin care.

They have reformulated all of their makeup to be paraben free and free of harmful ingredients. Make sure you have researched before you post.

to Wildflower #1483023

All of their products are worldwide approved ingredients they've removed all toxins since they have went International so your comment is invalid as of now.

I bet you wish you would have stayed now!n

to kdub32 #1402916

Bet she's glad she didn't.