3.7K views
4.8

Limelight Botanical Foundation is 50 % pigmented and waxed based. It is frangrance free, paraben free, lanolin free, and mineral oil free..

All of LimeLight products are Leaping Bunny Certified as well. Try applying it with a damp sponge for best application. As they say "A little goes a long ways" If you had a hard time you should of went to your beauty guide for advice and tips on how to achieve best results. Being a makeup artist you should place a primer on before applying your Botanical Foundation, LimeLight provides this as well.

After you placed all your makeup on I suggest going in with The Perfect Pressed Powder for a great matte finish it will also prevent your makeup from getting into fine lines. I hope you can give it another go.

Product or Service Mentioned: Limelight By Alcone Foundation.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Comments

#1461910

Limelight is going paraben free in a month or so.. ***

tamaransdell_89

The foundation is NOT paraben free. PROPYL PARABEN and I've researched it, although its not horrific for us, it can disrupt hormonal system.

>>>IPM, Castor Oil. Carnauba, Candililla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Propyl Paraben, BHT. Also May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.

Green, Cos. Blue.

to tamaransdell_89 #1423967

Oh is this the nontoxic makeup you're referring too? What part of this is nontoxic? Ever research about how nasty that synthetic coloring is?

Why can you find their foundation on Rcma website for $13 cheaper is what I want to know

to Anonymous #1403562

There is one paraben in the foundation, which is plant based, that will not soak in your bloodstream. Do your research more thouroughly before putting a high end brand down.

LimeLight has RCMA manufacture the botanical foundation.

To be a direct sells company and have a Beauty Guide and professional advice, that is why is costs a little extra. It is about supporting a friend, a single mother working hard for her children, a person working for their dreams. The foundation is from RCMA, but if you purchase from RCMA you won't have a personal Guide to help you.

I guess it boils down to getting it from RCMA without guidance or consultation, or buying it from a Beauty Guide and having help with all of your Beauty needs. Among that, supporting someone's dream.

to Kdub32 #1404235

High end brand? It's a mid range brand with mid range prices.

Maybe in your opinion it's high end, but market standards do not qualify LL as high end. I'm a former guide and after I did do my research is when I found out all the shady marketing strategies suggested by corporate and sponsors to gain sales. I'm putting the brand down because of my experience and research. I've been in DS for 20 years and LL is the most dishonest and shadiest company I've ever been with.

With all the shipping and backorders issues LL has had it also shows the lack of knowledge and experience from the CEO's. I don't mind supporting friends and family but when the average guide only makes $750 a year that defeats the purpose of helping someone out. I doubt that making $750 a year is someone's dream come true. They lie when they say you can be a millionaire or make $10,000 + a month.

Only 2% of reps make $50,000 + per year. Most of us know you bust your butt for a few hundred dollars in sales, then convince someone else they too can have it all. It's a vicious cycle of brain washing and lying.

Luckily not all DS companies think like this or pay their reps so little. Research any company before joining.

to Hooks08 #1406927

Well said! Couldn't have said it any better.

to Anonymous #1438434

RCMA doesn't have a person trained to color match you for the right foundation. If you were curious as to what your color would be, they would send a small sample that would cost money and if it wasn't your color, then you're out that cost.

Also RCMA doesn't have the packaging like Limelight does. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee and RCMA doesn't.I'd pay the $13 extra honestly to avoid having to pay more out in the long run, but that's just me.

to AnonymousJ #1461903

Limelight rcma foundation has 12 grams, and rcma has 14 grams and is cheaper than the limelight price, they are overselling it

What is in this "wax" ? You can't label it paraben-free if there's wax in it. It also most likely has phthalates in it.

to Carrie #1403557

It is beeswax

Glad I found this site. I hate how limelight consultants lie about their products.

I was told the makeup didn't have parabens in it.

Guess I'll buying another brand. Glad I didn't waste my money, not only are they over priced but parabens too!

to Anonymous #1370084

The makeup line is toxic. I looked into after I heard about it, I was interested in trying it until I read the ingredients because I'm very health conscious. I can't believe the known harmful chemicals they're using in their makeup.

to Anonymous #1374690

If you moisturize properly and take care of skin with regular exfoliation you actually dont NEED primer with this foundation. In fact, the typical sikicone primers arent always the best to use with this.

The spray LL sells works great, but if you moisturize well even that is not absolutely necessary

Work with it a little bit. It is wax based, which is different from what consumers are used to using. A beauty guide will want to work with the customer to use the product correctly and they are much more likely to enjoy.

Regarding price, because you need very little of the product it is actually a good price.

50% pigment is the highest in the entire makeup industry. Most foundation is less than half that amount.

to Anonymous #1402923

Exactly. Very deceptive company.

Young Living has a great all natural makeup line. Better than Bare Minerals which is what I used to use.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #1346196

Just an FYI. All of Limelight's skin care is leaping bunny certified not their makeup.

The foundation actually has parabens in it.

If you are a guide please research the ingredients yourself so you can pass on correct information to your customers. Ingredients are listed on their sight.

to Hooks08 #1346849

All of LimeLights products are Leaping Bunny Certified and again the Botanical Foundation IS Paraben Free. Not sure where you read it is not.

to Anonymous #1347397

Straight from the website the ingredients of the foundation. PROPYL PARABEN is PARABEN!

Not even these guides know what the heck they are selling and trying to pass this off as PARABEN Free! What a joke this company is!!!!!

Green, Cos. Blue.

to Hooks08 #1351273

The foundation is the only product limelight has that has paraben.

to Hooks08 #1358161

Dear Anonymous.....

I'm a Beauty Guide by Alcone...Our whole Skin care Line is Paraben free. Our Foundation has proypl Paraben in it used as a preservative.

It comes naturally from plants and some insects. HOWEVER....because our foundation is WAX BASED.....it sits on top of your skin and it never seeps into your pours....So it is NOT HARMFUL !!!