Lilnudists Cattery - Don't fall for it.

1 of 5 Lilnudists Cattery reviews

If April Arguin or Nikki Levin suggest that you paypal them directly to avoid fees, DON'T DO IT. Make sure it is marked for Goods and Services. That is definitely the first red flag about Lil Nudists Cattery that I should have caught, and sadly did not.

I initially had been ready to adopt a pet from Lil Nudists Cattery. I contacted Nikki Levin from Baltimore. She told me the deposit was $100, but that I could pay more. I agreed to pay $350 toward the cost of a kitten.

Nikki also suggested that I pay her directly as opposed to for a Goods/Services to avoid fees. This is what I should not have done, however, at the time I was fully committed.

Unfortunately, my partner's pet fell ill with pneumonia due to a bad reaction to the Bordatella vaccine. She was required to stay in the emergency vet over the weekend, which amounted to almost 3k in in vet costs.

At that time, I knew it would not be a good idea for me to sign on for another $1250 for a kitten, plus the costs associated with the kitten. I did the responsible thing, and contacted Nikki Levin to let her know. I did not hear any response over email for over a week (it somehow "got lost in emails"--second red flag, as who can't keep track of a buyers email?) When she finally did respond, she checked with April Arguin who suggested that I open a line of credit! Third red flag! Why on earth would anybody ever suggest opening a line of credit for a new pet when they were honest about their sudden financial emergency? Only people who are in it for the money and do not care about what kind of homes their kittens go to. I should also note that neither Nikki Levin nor April Arguin called either of my references that I put on my adoption application before I was approved. I should have not even gone through with the contract after that, a legit business would definitely check references of any potential owners!!

There was a new home found for Eli in less than a week.

I then contacted April Arguin about a partial refund of my deposit, as I had paid $350 and the deposit is only $100 (as listed on the website and told to me verbally by Nikki Levin). I did not even ask for the full amount back, as I know you forfeit your deposit in the event that you are unable to complete your adoption. I only asked for the extra amount that I spent back. April Arguin replied that it would be "a nightmare for us if we had people cancelling left and right".

I also have to wonder about business taxes, if people are paying for kittens directly and it is not listed as a goods or service. But that will be up to the BBB and Paypal to decide as they will be contacted next.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sphynx Cat Sphynx Kitten Bambino Bambob Sphynxiebob
Review category
Pet Stores
review #925879 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lilnudists Cattery? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1 of 5 Lilnudists Cattery reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lilnudists Cattery.
Filing a new complaint about
×