If April Arguin or Nikki Levin suggest that you paypal them directly to avoid fees, DON'T DO IT. Make sure it is marked for Goods and Services. That is definitely the first red flag about Lil Nudists Cattery that I should have caught, and sadly did not.
I initially had been ready to adopt a pet from Lil Nudists Cattery. I contacted Nikki Levin from Baltimore. She told me the deposit was $100, but that I could pay more. I agreed to pay $350 toward the cost of a kitten.
Nikki also suggested that I pay her directly as opposed to for a Goods/Services to avoid fees. This is what I should not have done, however, at the time I was fully committed.
Unfortunately, my partner's pet fell ill with pneumonia due to a bad reaction to the Bordatella vaccine. She was required to stay in the emergency vet over the weekend, which amounted to almost 3k in in vet costs.
At that time, I knew it would not be a good idea for me to sign on for another $1250 for a kitten, plus the costs associated with the kitten. I did the responsible thing, and contacted Nikki Levin to let her know. I did not hear any response over email for over a week (it somehow "got lost in emails"--second red flag, as who can't keep track of a buyers email?) When she finally did respond, she checked with April Arguin who suggested that I open a line of credit! Third red flag! Why on earth would anybody ever suggest opening a line of credit for a new pet when they were honest about their sudden financial emergency? Only people who are in it for the money and do not care about what kind of homes their kittens go to. I should also note that neither Nikki Levin nor April Arguin called either of my references that I put on my adoption application before I was approved. I should have not even gone through with the contract after that, a legit business would definitely check references of any potential owners!!
There was a new home found for Eli in less than a week.
I then contacted April Arguin about a partial refund of my deposit, as I had paid $350 and the deposit is only $100 (as listed on the website and told to me verbally by Nikki Levin). I did not even ask for the full amount back, as I know you forfeit your deposit in the event that you are unable to complete your adoption. I only asked for the extra amount that I spent back. April Arguin replied that it would be "a nightmare for us if we had people cancelling left and right".
I also have to wonder about business taxes, if people are paying for kittens directly and it is not listed as a goods or service. But that will be up to the BBB and Paypal to decide as they will be contacted next.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being ripped off
- Reason of review:
- Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sphynx Cat Sphynx Kitten Bambino Bambob Sphynxiebob
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "We got a surefeed microchip pet feeder for our cat and she doesn't like it. I tried to contact sureflap on twitter and instead of offering to take it back...."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I bought a bulldog from local Petland. She was in store after purchased a week with no vet care. I demanded the get vet care immediately. So they took her..."
- "I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ. I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to..."
- "The chipotle chicken panini was the best thing you had on your menu and you took it away one day and haven't offered another good panini since. Please bring this..."
- "Ford F350 Truck was junk. Promised by Kyle it was in perfect condition, no issues. Full of rust, engine leaking oil everywhere. Fuel leak on top of engine...."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."