Lil Lodges - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Williamsburg, Virginia
We received our Lil Lodge two years ago. Our experience was very different as both Steve (sales manager) and Larry (owner) were responsive, even though Steve's mom was hospitalized with a serious illness. Delivery was several weeks late, but not the months claimed by some people.
We had our unit built to Florida's hurricane standards (which caused some of the change in the schedule), and friends who are in construction were impressed with the quality when they inspected it. It is very quiet, doesn't budge in high winds and is easy to heat and cool.
We did have some drywall damage (choose wood walls - there are reasons RVs don't have drywall!). We had been warned of this possibility when we purchased the unit, and it was repaired fairly easily. Although appliances were well-secured, travel tends to jar plumbing a little loose. The warranty states that damage during shipment is not covered, but we did receive a credit.
Finish work was somewhat sloppy (the porch ceiling needs another coat of paint, there is a notch out of a closet door, etc.), but I would like to point out that Lil Lodges built our home for at least 30% less than other builders, about half the price of others. Having experienced the nightmare of having houses built, I know nothing is ever done perfectly . . .or for the quoted price. Although not perfect, our Lil Lodge was produced for the price we were quoted. They also made all the design changes I wanted, something other companies either declined to do or for which other builders wanted to charge addition monies.
If there truly are problems currently, I hope they are quickly resolved. We love our home!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Modified Kozy Kottage
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "I ordered the open teardrop ring and I got it in the mail about a week later. However I was disappointed because the ring looked nothing like it did on..."
- "I purchased a couch and a loveseat in what I thought was Thomasville upper end. I even paid to have down cushions. I have had the furniture for almost 5..."
- "Unbelievable! Good thing I got my kids out in time. Very dangerous. I want my money back and an apology. ..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."