Lil Lodges - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Williamsburg, Virginia
We received our Lil Lodge two years ago. Our experience was very different as both Steve (sales manager) and Larry (owner) were responsive, even though Steve's mom was hospitalized with a serious illness. Delivery was several weeks late, but not the months claimed by some people.
We had our unit built to Florida's hurricane standards (which caused some of the change in the schedule), and friends who are in construction were impressed with the quality when they inspected it. It is very quiet, doesn't budge in high winds and is easy to heat and cool.
We did have some drywall damage (choose wood walls - there are reasons RVs don't have drywall!). We had been warned of this possibility when we purchased the unit, and it was repaired fairly easily. Although appliances were well-secured, travel tends to jar plumbing a little loose. The warranty states that damage during shipment is not covered, but we did receive a credit.
Finish work was somewhat sloppy (the porch ceiling needs another coat of paint, there is a notch out of a closet door, etc.), but I would like to point out that Lil Lodges built our home for at least 30% less than other builders, about half the price of others. Having experienced the nightmare of having houses built, I know nothing is ever done perfectly . . .or for the quoted price. Although not perfect, our Lil Lodge was produced for the price we were quoted. They also made all the design changes I wanted, something other companies either declined to do or for which other builders wanted to charge addition monies.
If there truly are problems currently, I hope they are quickly resolved. We love our home!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Modified Kozy Kottage
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "Unbelievable! Good thing I got my kids out in time. Very dangerous. I want my money back and an apology. ..."
- "I bought these ($1,200.00) astronomically high price cookware thinking that it was going to be the best and it is actually been horrible. The sensor on the tops always..."
- "I ordered the open teardrop ring and I got it in the mail about a week later. However I was disappointed because the ring looked nothing like it did on..."