Lil Lodges - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Williamsburg, Virginia
We received our Lil Lodge two years ago. Our experience was very different as both Steve (sales manager) and Larry (owner) were responsive, even though Steve's mom was hospitalized with a serious illness. Delivery was several weeks late, but not the months claimed by some people.
We had our unit built to Florida's hurricane standards (which caused some of the change in the schedule), and friends who are in construction were impressed with the quality when they inspected it. It is very quiet, doesn't budge in high winds and is easy to heat and cool.
We did have some drywall damage (choose wood walls - there are reasons RVs don't have drywall!). We had been warned of this possibility when we purchased the unit, and it was repaired fairly easily. Although appliances were well-secured, travel tends to jar plumbing a little loose. The warranty states that damage during shipment is not covered, but we did receive a credit.
Finish work was somewhat sloppy (the porch ceiling needs another coat of paint, there is a notch out of a closet door, etc.), but I would like to point out that Lil Lodges built our home for at least 30% less than other builders, about half the price of others. Having experienced the nightmare of having houses built, I know nothing is ever done perfectly . . .or for the quoted price. Although not perfect, our Lil Lodge was produced for the price we were quoted. They also made all the design changes I wanted, something other companies either declined to do or for which other builders wanted to charge addition monies.
If there truly are problems currently, I hope they are quickly resolved. We love our home!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Modified Kozy Kottage
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I purchased a couch and a loveseat in what I thought was Thomasville upper end. I even paid to have down cushions. I have had the furniture for almost 5..."
- "I bought these ($1,200.00) astronomically high price cookware thinking that it was going to be the best and it is actually been horrible. The sensor on the tops always..."
- "Unbelievable! Good thing I got my kids out in time. Very dangerous. I want my money back and an apology. ..."