Life Storage Rogers Park - Storage unit invaded by mice.
This company has no business ethics, etiquette, concepts of truthful facts, or regard for its customers.This place is SATURATED by mice.
They permeated my unit, resulting in $1000s in loss along with grief, inane amounts of time, insane exchanges with employees and having a LIVE litter IN THE BOX CONTAINING DISHES. What is left smells like a zoo. I am stressed and exhausted and my 13 year old daughter is devastated. I could not have imagined this in my worst nightmare.
It is my personal Katrina. And guess what? NO ONE CARES. I have lost over half of my things due to rodent destruction and MICHELLE WHITE, current regional manager, claims she can do no more after buying me some containers and bags and paying for movers FROM one of their units TO another, SOMETHING I REQUESTED TWO MONTHS PRIOR THAT THEY'D REFUSED .
I am going to have to sue to recover my losses now, a long and expensive process. And they have had the nerve to ask ME to leave, but I would anyway. They claimed at various times they are not responsible for rodent control in their own building and business. Uh, check city ordinances (and case law), brainiacs.
The problem first became evident in MARCH and they then told me the mice were isolated to a particular area of the building and were being addressed "aggressively" (THIS WAS BY MATT CLARK, REGIONAL MANAGER? PART OWNER? VP? WHO KNOWS, have heard it all).
Same thing in April, May, June, July, August and September. Numerous mice were IN THE UNIT before during and after the move, which took over a week to organize and several hours. I spoke with their Orkin tech who said the treatment they had was in no way sufficient for the property's size or level of infestation. They went the cheap route, clearly.
Fred, the site manager is a psycho; rude, unresponsive, lazy, unprofessional and I strongly suspect illiterate. When questioned about the rodent problem for MONTHS, his response is "it gonna take a minute". This is a site manager? The corporate number is answered, when it IS, by a Jo, who is just as bad or worse.
When seeing my number on caller id, she would answer the phone with 'WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN!!!!' And had the balls to tell me if the mice upset my young daughter NOT TO BRING HER THERE. WTF? Owner CHRIS BARRY seems to think speaking with customers, the schmucks who butter his pretty crusty bread, is beneath him. The only decent employee is Sha Ron.
She is pleasant and was sympathetic about the matter. AVOID AVOID AVOID. My code has been disabled in retaliation for my review and complaints and I am unable to access my unit with my belongings. I have a receipt showing a zero balance.
They are claiming it is because a new lease was not executed and the move was 10/1 and it was not offered until yesterday 10/10. While I have no problem doing so for TWO WEEKS and a few days it seems silly. My old lease is still in place. Pure childish retaliation.
Maybe several thousand more in damages? There are things in the storage unit my school age child needs for the following day and Fred the Charmer once AGAIN slammed the door in my face.
Such nice professional people.Again avoid.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Storage Facility
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs! I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "Dear Tricam Industries and Tractor Supply, You are welcome to contact me to discuss the attached and below failure of your product.Model GW0865D-1 I will forward you all the pics..."
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "BEWARE!!!! I recently had an Insurance Billing error for an eye exam at Visionworks at the 2156 E. Williamsfield Rd. San Tan Mall Gilbert Arizona and after..."
- "Mixwall Ltd, supposedly based in London, UK, and dba iThrough is really a subsidiary of ShenZhen City ChiAng Tech Co., Ltd. a company in The Peoples Republic of China. They..."
- "As the other complaints mention, Mor Furniture convinced us to purchase the warranty on our new leather furniture. When we an unidentifible stain /damage arose, Guardsman put me through..."