Reply by Life Alert Oct 29, 2013

Life Alert appreciates the opportunity to explain how helpful we are when people buy our service and then cancel. We were friendly and accommodating to this person and yet we are accused of brainwashing the elderly. Well, we happen to respect our elderly loved ones and believe they are far wiser than given credit. That is why Life Alert is the industry leader, because the elderly have been around and know a good product when they see it.
Author's
Conroe, Texas
2.6K views 76 comments

I was interested in Life Alert for my grandmother.She is 80 years old.

So I ordered it for her. From the way the sales man described it, sounded really great. Well I ordered it. Gave him my credit card numbers.

Well later I decided it is too enspensive.

I called the salesman I talked to before to cancel my order. THE FIRST THING HE SAID AFTER I ASKED TO CANCEL IS "WHY?" NON OF YOUR *** BUISNESS THATS WHY. It was canceled with no hassle.

I haven not recived any charges or bills.I just recive telemarketing calls from them saying "Your Grandmother says she is interested in Life Alert again!" They are just Trying to brianwash the elderly.

Review about: Service Cancellation.

Review #119688 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Life Alert?

Comments

GLAALERT at YAHOO.COM
Bronx, New York, United States #733650

Today Gaby Gonen topped the "700 sales reps" and declared that he will be giving out thousands of old leads, meaning "expired". He also said that with the CRM system he knows how often and for how long each sales person "beats up" the seniors. Good info. the American public will love to hear all this.

The dyslectic and bipolar Gaby Gonen has destroyed Life Alert. They advertise on craigslist several times a day but have less than 25 sales reps out of 80 desks available. New people come, look at the board, see no reps and no sales and don't come back. We don't need to do anything, just seat back, enjoy the show and prepare for the wake. Replyglaalert

Sep 28 from New York, New York..

To: Isaac Shepher

Subject: Isaac Shepher, Gaby Gonen and Ilan Cohen "Operation Clean Turf,"

NOW I'M REALLY PISSED! YOU DID NOT SILENCE US YOU ONLY PISSED US MORE!

We will expose you and pissed consumer and other similar websites to the public and show them who you really are. We have enough on you, all your frauds in Israel and here, including when your were selling chairs and have ordered to take a check from a dead man. You have mercilessly cheated on hundreds and thousands of sick and old American citizens. You have caused stress and misery. Because of your greed you have taken food of the table and deprived people of lifesaving medications while you live in a huge mansion and travel by private plane. You cheated on your office people and sales employees which according to the media release by Gaby Gonen right now numbers 700, and the many thousands before. This is just the tip of of a huge iceberg. Unlike you we have many real testimonials. If I don't have a solution from you regarding Gaby by Thursday I will call an urgent meeting of Glaalert and if I get a unanimous vote to close Life Alert it will take me 6 hours to do so.

Very pissed.

Angie Last

Sam
Houston, Texas, United States #730907

Called to cancel and the man was very rude and eventually hung-up on us. Then we got a letter in the mail saying we have to give 6 months notice to cancel.

glaa lert
New York, New York, United States #729584

The dyslectic and bipolar Gaby Gonen has destroyed Life Alert. They advertise on craigslist several times a day but have less than 25 sales reps out of 80 desks available. New people come, look at the board, see no reps and no sales and don't come back. We don't need to do anything, just seat back and enjoy the show and prepare for the wake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

============================================================================

gla alert
New York, New York, United States #722952

From: Angie Last [mailto:glaalert@yahoo.com]

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:17 PM

To: Isaac Shepher

Subject: Isaac Shepher, Gaby Gonen and Ilan Cohen "Operation Clean Turf,"

NOW I'M REALLY PISSED! YOU DID NOT SILENCE US YOU ONLY PISSED US MORE!

This is not China or Iran. In our country our constitution gives us the freedom of speech. Since we found out that you had our posts deleted from Pissedconsumer.com and put up your bull-*** testimonials we decided to get to the bottom of it and have found this is much more sinister than we anticipated. Consumers rely on testimonials from their peers to make purchasing decisions on everything. By producing fake,*** testimonials you have intentionally scammed our most vulnerable citizens. We have informally contacted the office of the New York Attorney General and waited for his "Operation Clean Turf" release which happened yesterday http://r.reuters.com/kyv33v. In your case because of the monstrous crimes against our seniors when most States Attorney Generals will be involved we are sure they will be able to obtain not just heavy fines but long prison sentences.

Very pissed.

Angie Last

bean
New York City, New York, United States #715235

Called them and wanted to look into other companies, they hunted me down at work even though I never gave them this number.When they found out my brother was the one paying for it, they were aggravated and said, well if I would have known that, I would have just dealt with him and not you.

Their lack of professionalism and pushy sales reps made me decide to go with another company.

Pat

My husband and I purchased a Life Alert program for my mother-in-law and agreed to a one yr contract.A rep went to my mother-in-law's home and gave her a contract to sign that represented a three year agreement, lying to my mother-in-law by saying my husband and I knew about it.

I was not aware of the switch until we tried to cancel the contract.

I had just been paying the monthly premium.They scammed an elderly woman who did not know any better.

an honest business owner
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #700347

ordered the service at an agreed price of 59.90 p/mn for 2 pendants, 1 phone and smoke detection.received call from shipping saying the amount sh/be 69.90.

Said salesman had included the smoke detection at no charge and I was to change the amount on the contract to 59.90 which I did. Received call from contracting department telling me amount can not be changed. They insisted the salesman had no authority. I told them to cancel the service.

I had 3 businesses and when I make an agreement w/ a cust (right or wrong) I stand by the agreement. They feed you a line of bull and will not stand by their agreed rates.

BIG SCAM.

Fast forward
Norwood, Massachusetts, United States #697898

the latest GABY GONEN'S media release. Life Alert has over 600 EMPLOYEES. Glaa lert expect an very exitining delivery on Monday.

Livermore, California, United States #694462

Watch out for phone calls from them.I had a phone message yesterday from the "shipping department" asking for further information that was needed before my life alert could be shipped.

I have never ordered one.

The caller kept mentioning the free shipping and to call this number right away.BIG SCAM!!!

tabby68
to Anonymous #698846

My mother received the same call--caller kept saying "it looks like it's all paid for, even the shipping" If he's the employee of a legitimate business would he put it that way? Either it is or it isn't but it shouldn't just "look" like it is.......

comments