Dunstable, England

I bought a Florabest Walk in Green House from LIDL last spring, a self assembly item consisting of interlocking poles and a moulded synthetic cover with a double zip fold away entrance on the front.

Although the item has a three-year warranty it has fallen into nothing more than a framed net as the plastic component of the cover is obviously NOT UV tolerant and all the plastic has deteriorated just leaving the webbing.

I complained to the parent company of LIDL in Scotland by email and after several to and fro mails with them asking for the IAN number which I assume was on the discarded box. This item costing £39.99 is not value for money and if like me you don't keep boxes and receipts for more than a year you are stuffed. This is a warning to any potential purchasers of these Florabest and Garden Line Products, DON'T expect them to last as the covers are not UV tolerant and thus not fit for purpose under the trades description act.

All you get from the company is the run around, send in pictures etc. Then no result. I now have a greenhouse that is a framed net.

Review about: Florabest Walk In Green House.

I didn't like: Answer i got in reply to my complaint.

3.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Florabest Greenhouse
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $40
Preferred solution Warning to any potential customers about these products.

Had an Experience with Lidl?

Submit review

Comments

John-A-46

Walk in Greenhouse that is under two years old is now a Walk in NET House

I did get a phone call from a lady in Scotland politely saying there was nothing the company can do without the receipt or the bar code/elan number. Neither of which I could provide so I have a walk in NET house, fine in the summer but totally useless in the winter.

Note to all keep the boxes and receipts to validate the guarantee, there is no pint having a 3 year guarantee if it is not unconditionally honoured.

Pissed Customer
London, London, United Kingdom #1200651

I did get a phone call from a lady in Scotland politley saying there was nothing the company can do without the receipt or the bar code/elan number. Neither of which I could provide so I have a walk in NET house, fine in the summer but totally useless in the winter.