Lenz Custom Concrete - MULTIPLE LAWSUITS, LICENSE ON PROBATION
Search for Lenz Custom Concrete on the Idaho Repository to see cases filed against Mr. Lenz's business.
Look Mr. Lenz's license up at the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses to verify probationary status and read the public record regarding the action against him.
We made the mistake of not researching Brian Lenz before hiring him for a stamped, colored patio. He did a terrible job! A circle surrounding the tree in our patio was distorted and not circular at all. Control crack joints were placed farther apart than industry standard. A conduit installed for a natural gas line was too small to use. There were multiple double stamps and the stamp depth was inconsistent resulting from poor technique.
We found out later that his license is on probation for structural problems in the past, and that the photos on his website were not his own, but were copied from other sites.
We complained twice to Mr. Lenz about the coloring issue prior to sealant application. He ignored us and sealed it anyway stating,"the color would soak in," then he asked for final payment before the job was finished. Mr. Lenz wasn't knowledgeable enough about the products he used to know the color could have been easily repaired before sealing.
We had to take him to small claims court for reimbursement after spending multiple hours and over $1300 removing sealant and sawing grout lines to fix his poor workmanship. Not surprisingly, we found that he had already been taken to court 3 times within the year preceding our case.
Save yourself the trouble and use a more knowledgeable, teachable, and experienced contractor.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lenz Custom Concrete Patio
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "I have been an admirer of West Elm, and thought they were were known for lifelong quality pieces. Not the case. We ordered the Emmerson reclaimed table, bench,..."
- "I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!! Again what type of person would post a 15 year old trumped up misleading criminal report??? Adding in others charges and lies To post lies saying..."
- "I recently experienced buying a piece of pumpkin loaf at the El Cajun, CA Starbucks. I have been getting coffee and pastries at Starbucks for years, so I was shocked..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."