Lenz Custom Concrete - MULTIPLE LAWSUITS, LICENSE ON PROBATION
Search for Lenz Custom Concrete on the Idaho Repository to see cases filed against Mr. Lenz's business.
Look Mr. Lenz's license up at the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses to verify probationary status and read the public record regarding the action against him.
We made the mistake of not researching Brian Lenz before hiring him for a stamped, colored patio. He did a terrible job! A circle surrounding the tree in our patio was distorted and not circular at all. Control crack joints were placed farther apart than industry standard. A conduit installed for a natural gas line was too small to use. There were multiple double stamps and the stamp depth was inconsistent resulting from poor technique.
We found out later that his license is on probation for structural problems in the past, and that the photos on his website were not his own, but were copied from other sites.
We complained twice to Mr. Lenz about the coloring issue prior to sealant application. He ignored us and sealed it anyway stating,"the color would soak in," then he asked for final payment before the job was finished. Mr. Lenz wasn't knowledgeable enough about the products he used to know the color could have been easily repaired before sealing.
We had to take him to small claims court for reimbursement after spending multiple hours and over $1300 removing sealant and sawing grout lines to fix his poor workmanship. Not surprisingly, we found that he had already been taken to court 3 times within the year preceding our case.
Save yourself the trouble and use a more knowledgeable, teachable, and experienced contractor.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lenz Custom Concrete Patio
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "I have been an admirer of West Elm, and thought they were were known for lifelong quality pieces. Not the case. We ordered the Emmerson reclaimed table, bench,..."
- "When I ordered the bed; it arrived defective with a six inch slit right next to the air pump. I called; they wanted a picture, and they sent me..."
- "I recently experienced buying a piece of pumpkin loaf at the El Cajun, CA Starbucks. I have been getting coffee and pastries at Starbucks for years, so I was shocked..."