Lenz Custom Concrete - MULTIPLE LAWSUITS, LICENSE ON PROBATION
Search for Lenz Custom Concrete on the Idaho Repository to see cases filed against Mr. Lenz's business.
Look Mr. Lenz's license up at the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses to verify probationary status and read the public record regarding the action against him.
We made the mistake of not researching Brian Lenz before hiring him for a stamped, colored patio. He did a terrible job! A circle surrounding the tree in our patio was distorted and not circular at all. Control crack joints were placed farther apart than industry standard. A conduit installed for a natural gas line was too small to use. There were multiple double stamps and the stamp depth was inconsistent resulting from poor technique.
We found out later that his license is on probation for structural problems in the past, and that the photos on his website were not his own, but were copied from other sites.
We complained twice to Mr. Lenz about the coloring issue prior to sealant application. He ignored us and sealed it anyway stating,"the color would soak in," then he asked for final payment before the job was finished. Mr. Lenz wasn't knowledgeable enough about the products he used to know the color could have been easily repaired before sealing.
We had to take him to small claims court for reimbursement after spending multiple hours and over $1300 removing sealant and sawing grout lines to fix his poor workmanship. Not surprisingly, we found that he had already been taken to court 3 times within the year preceding our case.
Save yourself the trouble and use a more knowledgeable, teachable, and experienced contractor.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lenz Custom Concrete Patio
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "Review of Walgreens Pharmacy at 1570 E Fairview, Meridian, Idaho. Their Pharmacist need continued education!!! As a consumer I rely upon companies like Walgreens to have educated people in their positions that..."
- "I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!! Again what type of person would post a 15 year old trumped up misleading criminal report??? Adding in others charges and lies To post lies saying..."
- "I have been an admirer of West Elm, and thought they were were known for lifelong quality pieces. Not the case. We ordered the Emmerson reclaimed table, bench,..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."