My husband and I started looking for new home builders in the Tampa area last year. When we visited Lennar homes in Ruskin, FL, we were interested at first because the prices seemed reasonable compared to some of the other builders in the area.

We toured the model home with the sales representative and initially we liked what saw, however, it had only three pre-planned packages for the countertops, floors, and cupboards. The rep said that we could not do anything custom and had to choose from the three options. When we said that was not what we were looking for, she got upset with us and couldn't understand how we couldn't be interested in what they had to offer and tried to pressure us into picking a package and putting a deposit down. She insisted that Lennar had award winning builders and we couldn't go wrong,but when we inquired about moving some electrical outlets higher in the wall for mounted flat screen TV's, she said that the builders could get confused so they don't/won't do it.

Anyhow, when we walked out, we were amazed at how nice the Rep was when we walked in and how nasty she had been when she couldn't make a sale. We ended up going with Ryland homes around the corner and were much more pleased with the quality and level of service we were given.

When we pass by Lennar homes now, all we see are vacant lots between houses with tiny backyards and unkept lawns and landscaping. You can definitely see the difference in clientele between our two builders.

Comments

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please send me your story:

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.org

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please send me your story: