13.1K views

I recently purchased a Lennar Home in Sacramento California and am very upset at the deceitful sales tactics and the essential extortion committed by their lending company UAMC.

The sales agent first told me (knowing that I am an inexperienced first time home buyer) that I am not allowed to have a realtor represent me in the deal. This alone should have tipped me off that they are operating with shady business tactics. The during the contract signing she says that eventhough I am already pre-approved for a loan, I still MUST give their affiliate lending company UAMC a chance to pre-approve me (which, knowing my profession and credit she knew I would be approved) and said that if I am not happy with them for whatever reason, I can use my own lender. It is ILLEGAL for them to force a buyer to use their lender. So, I applied for the loan with UAMC and was of course given a conditional pre-approval (I needed to submit a few more documents for final approval). I was not happy with the rate they offered me AND over the next week, found out how terrible their customer service is (they would not respond to questions without me sending repeat requests) so after doing some research, I found that UAMC charges an origination fee that is twice that of most companies around. So of course to decrease my closing costs, I wanted to change companies. At this point my realtor had contacted them and although it does not state this anywhere in the contract, they said I cannot have an agent on my side. They also then said I will lose my buyer incentives towards closing costs if I change lenders, although this is not stated in the contract.

They are also being pushy on the closing date, so I am running out of time to make any changes or investigate this further. And, they will probably try to keep my deposit if I walk away even though there is nothing in the contract stating I will lose the deposit at this time.

Basically the sales agent took advantage of an inexperienced buyer, she lied and said I cannot have an agent representing me and then lied about the flexibility with the lender and is forciing me to use their expensive lender UAMC.

AVOID LENNAR AND UAMC at all costs! You will also find many negative reports on home quality and difficulty getting repairs done within the 1 yr warranty period-you will lose money in the end. Their homes are supposedly eneergy efficient, meaning they are built very tight and are likely to develop mold-when it comes time for you to sell, this will cost you BIG TIME. And if you decide to rent the place, your renters might act in ways to allow mold growth (keeping home too hot, not opening windows or venting properly) and it will cost you money or a law suit for health hazards to your renters.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Comments

to Happy UAMC Customer #596532

Anytime that you have a builder with their own finance company you will run into conflict. More importantly what kind of person responds like this to someone posting about their bad experience.

It sounds to me that you either work for UMAC or you somehow have a dog in this race. Just my opinion.

to Happy UAMC Customer #1129970

Do they call your bank asking to verify bank statements/transactions?

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please send me your story:

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.org

I am a real estate broker in Atlanta, GA, and have dealt with Lennar homes on two separate occasions. They are relatively new in Georgia and are becoming a big hit here in the real estate market.

Both of my transactions with them on high end homes have been exceptional. The VP of Lennar, District Sales Manager, onsite sals team, construction foreman and UAMC mortgage have all exceeded my client's expectations. If you were already being represented by a real estate agent, you probably should have told them from the time you first stepped foot on the property. These companies have to prevent fraud from happening, so there have to be some parameters.

Our sales agents in Atlanta are awesome! They send weekly reports and pictures via email to all parties involved of the progress of the the home being built. Their service has really been impeccable. One of my sales is currently being built and everything is smooth sailing.

The other that has closed already went extremely well. I had very "thorough" clients who wanted a home inspection done on their new home. The inspector, who is from a very large and reputable firm, said that this home was probably the most well built home he has ever seen in Atlanta. I am more than thrilled with their customer service, because they made my clients "happy buyers".

UAMC was just as good. I have met with them personally.

They are very professional and give the best rates in this area without charging discount points or loan origination fees that are unreasonable. I have actually referred outside clients to them.

BigBrother4Defects
#472005

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

I recently purchased a Lennar Home. An amazing product at an amazing price.

I used a realtor through the whole process. The Lennar representative was superb in her attention to detail and I was given more information and attention than I expected. UAMC was also mentioned and I did give them an opportunity to quote me a rate and I can tell you that after a week of looking and comparing we chose UAMC. They even challenged me to find a better rate.

I have found this home buying experience the best one ever and I am a first time home buyer. I got every question answered even what I felt were the *** ones. I have reviewed all the home care tips and don't expect any problems as long as I do what is required to keep a valid warranty. I ask people all over the world who complain, really think about what you put out there as 9 times out of 10 your problems escalate out of something we didn't do.

it's very easy to blame others.

I am a Lennar advocate for life and will defend the positive and wonderful experience I have had. now if my roof caves in, I'll post again "LOL"

to Steven S Phoenix, Arizona, United States #608084

Steven you probably work for Lennar home or are link in some way to them, avoid the lies

to Steven S Houston, Texas, United States #809715

Who is we when you say "we" didn't do.

to Steven S Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, United States #861146

I am about to buy a Lennar home in southern Maryland and am considering using UMAC. This is NOT my first home purchase so I know how to do my homework.

My first action is to hit the net and read reviews such as these. I am never surprised when a majority of them are negative because lets face it, not many people will go out of their way to leave positive feedback but they sure as heck will make it a priority to let everyone know about a bad experience; even if it is a minor one.

What troubles me is that when someone actually decides to post about a positive experience people automatically assume that person works for the company and any good intentions must be invalid. This is unfortunate because a potential first time homebuyer who happens to stumble across these reviews may be discouraged without even trying. I say first time homebuyers because any EXPERIENCED home buyer can read these reviews and see that most (not all) of these negative experiences were brought upon by the borrower.

Here is my advice to any first time homebuyers or experienced honest borrowers;

Follow the guidelines your loan officer and loan processor give you. They don't make any money on unfunded loans. Why would they try and trick you or lie to you? Use common sense and get them the explanations they need.

99% of the time if someone is complaining about a 'condition' or 'explanation needed', it's probably because they are trying to hide something from the lender. And by the way, this applies to ANY lender you come across, not just UMAC.

Now, I am not in the mortgage industry. I am in the Air Force. This just happens to be my 3rd new home build and 3rd "preferred" lender I will have worked with.

So far I am 2-0 as far as satisfaction ratings are concerned and I can assure you that if you just simply follow the rules of the lender, you will have a 99.999% success ratio.

Sometimes "stuff" does happen but I would bet you won't hear about that here. Good luck!

Hi NOT A. LENNAR FAN,

I am looking at buying a property in Cutler Bay.

Can you tell me what your whole experience has been?

What lender did you use? I could def use some guidance.

I AM CURIOUS IF YOU HAVE YOUR SITE UP YET TO READ SOME AND ALSO ADD TO YOUR SITE. WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER AND THEY TRY IN FLORIDA TO KEEP ALL THE MATERIALS YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE AT SIGNING AND HOLD THEM TO CLOSING BUT I REQUESTED THE 1 YEAR WARRANTY BOOK AND HAD THEM FIX EVERY SINGLE THING THAT WAS IN THE BOOK THAT WAS CONSIDERED A DEFECT AND THEIR WAY OF GETTING EVEN WITH ME WAS TO SAY MY CLOSING WAS THE NEXT DAY, VIA EMAIL AND I HAD TO PROVIDE A LAUNDRY LIST OF ITEMS OF WHICH REQUIRED LETTERS FROM 2 INDIVIDUALS IN OTHER STATES WHO ARE SENIOR CITIZENS AND THEY KNEW WE WERE HAVING A HARD TIME GETTING THOSE.

MIND YOU THEY ONLY ASKED LESS THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR FOR THESE LETTERS!! THEY SCREWED UP THE ONLY 3 ITEMS THAT WE COULD PICK OUT AND MODIFY IN OUR BUYER SELECTIONS AND I NOTIFIED THEM WHEN THE FIRST ONE WAS INSTALLED. BUT WHEN I DID, I THEY THREATENED TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT FOR BEING ON THE PROPERTY TO LOOK AT THE PROGRESS. THE LAST ONE WAS OUR GRANITE COUNTER TOPS THAT WERE THE WRONG COLOR.

WE DIDN’T TELL THEM AND WE WENT NUMEROUS TIMES TO THE HOME WITH THE SALES CONSULTANT AND SHE DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THEY WERE WRONG. WHEN WE WENT THROUGH OUR FIRST WALK THROUGH LAST WEEK ON TUESDAY WE NOTIFIED THEM BUT THEY COULDN’T GET THEM DONE IN TIME BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T RECEIVE THEIR OCCUPANCY PERMIT.

SO THE SAGA GOES ON. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE YOUR SITE UP AND I CAN SEND YOU SOME PICTURES OF THE TYPE OF CRAPPY WORK THEY DO AND CORNERS THEY CUT!!

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

to Bill Kearney Humble, Texas, United States #725013

I had the same issue with UAMC. They were not helpful at all and ignored my requests to update me on interest rates that were dropping prior to locking in.

It was an obvious attempt to keep me at a higher rate. Fortunately, I was able to drop them and obtain a loan through another lender before it was too late. UAMC didn't respond to my request to provide a quote at current interest rates until after I notified them that I would be using another lender. Then they had multiple people calling me daily.

Where was all the attention when I was a regular customer, not threatening to leave. I left anyways and will never consider a loan through UAMC.