Washington, District Of Columbia
1.2K views

I just found out that my foundation is cracked, the pipes are leaking behind my walls, water & sewer pump was not properly install and mold has grown due to the moisten. I had to have all my toilets rings replaced after 2 years In addition, the water came through my ceiling due to my toilets...

Unbelievable. My mom's house is over 25 years years old and have not experienced half of what I have experienced in 4 years ...... Lennar is terrible, cheap material to build a house and sell them for over 400,000...

WOW... what a Rip Off!!!!!!!!

Comments

Thanks for the input. At first, I was looking at KayBee homes until I read their awful reviews, which are similar to Lennar's. Now, I'm wondering if I should just buy a good piece of land and pitch a tent on it?!

to Disappointed #858154

that would be more affordable and reliable than ALL home builders.

Land O Lakes, Florida, United States #742605

I bought an "upgraded" lennar home in Tampa FL 1 1/2 years ago. This was a brand new home, completed a few days before move in.

The first thing that went was the A/C. Lennar uses cheap Lennox AC units which are installed by a subcontractor who was called for repairs. THis company did everything BUT repair it, ultimately trying every way possible to force me to pay for replacement parts which still should have been under warranty, plus hidden labor costs.

Bottom line is, the A/C is 1 1/2 years old and I am already looking into having it replaced with a nicer Trane model. At my own cost of course.

I noticed someone mentioned the leaks. We have an upstairs bathroom and once, when the shower curtain was not closed, the water ran down into the wall and out of the first floor and out of a light switch, making for a firre hazard. We have stopped using that shower ever since, and now the toilet in that same bathroom is not working. Fortunately we have three other bathrooms, but it is a shame that Lennar built something that has such a short life and such poor quality.

Two days ago, I opened a kitchen cabinet and had it fall off into my hand. Both hinges broken. This was for an "Upgraded kitchen" with marble-like counter (actually granite) and wooden cabinetry. The cabinets are very slipshod, poorly constructed and I am afraid that they are going to collapse under the weight of a coffee mug some day.

This of course, cannot be repaired without my cost, as the "one year warranty" has expired.

But wait there is more.

Lennar homes in this area come with two garages. The smaller one has an outside entry with a locking door and a deadbolt lock. To this day, we do not have a key to that deadbolt lock, and it will cost me the price of a locksmith to come out and change it or key it. I was on the phone daily to the builder for months, informing him that the key he left me did not work for that lock....got everything from "Are you sure?" To "I'll get the locksmith right over" .....

But Lennar never ever made good on the promise to repair that, and now they can try saying "Well it is too late" Of course, it is not, since I contacted them immediately and notified the supervisor of the problem. Will probably never see that one resolved.

Most of the craftsmanship in the model homes looks to be top notch, but is lacking in the finished product. In fact, the phrase "***-poor" comes to mind.

I cannot find a new home fast enough, and I am not looking at any more Lennar models, either. This is a very new subdivision, and houses are already going up for sale, and repair trucks are a very common sight on the streets here. Although I have not found anyone having problems to the extent that I am, I can say that I truly do not like this house that Lennar made and I dislike living in it. Unfortunately, all the repairs are adding up in cost and these must be done in order to hopefully sell the house for what I paid. Which cannot be soon enough.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #603659

Basically ALL the new homes here are ***, no matter the builder. They're frame, no insulation, the interiors are drywall, which will mold, crack, and crumble, the exteriors are either cheap siding, or a very thin coating of spray-on coating, basically over foam board.

The doors are made of cardboard, seriously, NOT even real wood. The baseboards are the same. Concrete is NOT cured for at least a year before inspection as it should be, in fact they often pour a "floating slab" and start building on it the next week. Plumbing is now all plastic, both freshwater, and sewage.

The plastic plumbing can be expected to last about two years. The frame structure can last about ten. The drywall, anywhere from months up to seven years, and the light fixtures, faucets, carpet, or flooring can only be expected to last about two years. The exception is ceramic tile.

The roofs will last anywhere from five to ten years, depending on type. Ceramic ("Mexican") tiles do not help, here, as they do not keep the water off if it rains, a cheap layer of tarpaper is expected to do that. Simply put, if you want to buy a quality home in Arizona, make sure it's one of the older slump block types, or adobe (rather rare now) and that it has no drywall in it, nor any presswood product, or you are basically buying a temporary structure. If you're OK with buying something like that at the fire sale prices we're having in the "post boom" era, for $30,000 that is OK.

I would not buy any of these homes for over $100,000 no matter the size, as they need replacement in order to meet my expectation of quality, in a short period of time. You're better off buying a mobile home, which can be expected to last at least 30 years!

BigBrother4Defects
#472006

I am so sorry that you have experienced this…

WE ALL NEED TO HEAR YOUR LENNAR STORY.

Please visit my website and send me your story:

MyLennarLemon.org

MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

- Margaret Mead

We bought a Lennar home in Arizona... Beware of the CHEAP carpet that they call an "upgrade".

The house we bought was already built and after only ONE year the carpet is so matted and CRUSHED and they won't do anything about it. The carpet doesn't have a warranty against the crushing and matting, but yet it's suppose to be an upgrade.

I'd hate to see the carpet that isn't an upgrade. A good builder would stand by the product that they put in their houses!!!

I understand what you are going through. I purchased a home from Lennar almost 6 years ago and we still have a boarded up front door. We are stuck with $100k in construction defects. To make my story even worse is the fact that I worked for Lennar. Contact me with your story and I will post it on my website that I am currently putting together. Be careful with "their help". We spent 5 years in litigation and all that happened was more expert costs, lawyer costs, to the point that we received nothing for our construction defects.

I want to hear your story. We all need to hear these stories in hope to make it right.

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Contact me at: MyLennarLemon@gmail.com

MyLennarLemon.com (under construction)

Hello -

I am in the process of buying Lennar home in Mesa, Arizona. I didn't know all this problems about Lennar homes.

Is there anyone living in Arizona having any issue with Lennar homes? Please let me know, i will be grateful. Please email me at "damalboy@hotmail.com" and help me out before buying my first house!

Thank you!

My husband and i went to view the Lennar homes,Willows in Henderson.The one we were interested in is the Starling.After reading all these terrible reviews and made a few phone calls to friends in Texas and confirming these statements.I am very scared to purchase their homes.The sales clerk told us we need to make the purchase before the end of November,2011 to get all these great incentives and wow no down payment,no closing fees etc,etc.Please anyone living in this community let me know if you have encountered any problems with the Lennar homes in Las Vegas.My email address is gtzuk@yahoo.com Thanks!!

Just so you know, there are about 400 homes in Florida Lennar has identified as having the chinese drywall problem, so buyer beware...

Lennar Tell me they don't cover any concrete that cracks. NONE..... they don't care if it's got a crack of 6 " no warranty on any concrecte.

Hello and please let me know if you can share any additional details such as your name and address and I would be happy to look into this situation for you. Please contact me at James.Perry@Lennar.com

Lennar has a clause in their contract that allows them to change the end date of the contract at their whim. They will take your money for changes in design then sell the house to someone else. Avoid Lennar at all costs!

Lived in my Lennar home in Williamsburg, VA for 4 years. We have had 4 burst pipes in 4 years.

When hole cut in sheet rock on back wall of the house to repair leak there was no insulation on pipes or in wall we could see the backyard lawn by looking in the hole.

After much fighting, Lennar fixed it. But I guess there is still no insulation in the rest of the outside walls.

Does anyone have any faulty construction or mold issues in Houston or surrounding areas?

We are purchasing a Lennar home in Naples,Fl

and just wondering if anyone has had any issues in this area I've read alot of complaints but none seem tp be in FL.

to Eric Z Naples, Florida, United States #818162

Eric,

You're about to make a huge mistake!!!!!! I watched my Lennar home being built in Naples from start to finish ten months ago.

No supervision-No craftsmanship-Non responsive to issues.

If I told you what went on there every day you would not believe me.

My advice to you is to visit your building site EVERYDAY and do not take NO for an answer.

Good luck, you are going to need it !!!!!!

Does anyone have anything nice to say about Lennar homes

:sigh

Happy with most everything about my Lennar home except a few details...the most troublesome is the cheap light fixtures Lennar used in my home in Conroe, TX.

The fixtures in the garage are so cheap, that they have to be replaced when the bulbs burn out. It is not that huge an investment for me...but I suppose Lennar saves a few bucks on every home they build by installing light fixtures that have to be replaced when the original bulbs burn out.